• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Merry Christmas to all

Doug Kerr

Greetings,

Carla and I wish all of you, and your loved ones and familiars, a very merry Christmas, whether you recognize Christmas as a religious holiday, a secular holiday, or a bit of each (as seems to be the case for many people), or a themed commercial extravaganza, or just something that is hard to avoid in most places this time of year.

Soon we will have the beginning of year 2018 of the Common Era (2018 CE), and we wish you all the best of health, happiness, and satisfaction during it (and beyond, of course).

Best regards,

Carla and Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Greetings,

Carla and I wish all of you, and your loved ones and familiars, a very merry Christmas, whether you recognize Christmas as a religious holiday, a secular holiday, or a bit of each (as seems to be the case for many people), or a themed commercial extravaganza, or just something that is hard to avoid in most places this time of year.

Soon we will have the beginning of year 2018 of the Common Era (2018 CE), and we wish you all the best of health, happiness, and satisfaction during it (and beyond, of course).

Best regards,

Carla and Doug

Exactly,

We are a proud community that welcomes all faiths and encourages respect for the essential humanity and worth of all peoples.

After all, we are all rowing on the same miraculous blue marble, less than a speck amongst 100 Billion stars in each of at least 100-250 Billion Galaxies, Each accelerating away from each other by the pressure of "Dark Matter", which is inexhausteble. Look up tonight and see a fraction of the dynamic miracle! Such simple entropy that transient man is made of!

The three wise men, were wise, because they looked up instead of at their feet! Trying to grasp what one cannot see completely is the unfinished quest of man. Our goal, as photographers, can be, at the very least, to hold up a lantern to ourselves, the human condition and the fragile planet over which we have given ourselves dominion. Only by understanding the fragility of it all, can we know how to sustain the ransient miracle of life.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,

Best greetings to Carla and you. Does Santa have anything photographic in store for you this year?
Well, I haven't asked Santa for anything photographic this year.

But I have been able to acquire over several months quite a collection of antique Kodak motion picture cameras, as well as an important book on that topic. This was all done with Carla's full support, and I certainly consider these things to be "early Christmas presents".

How about yourself?

Thanks for the good wishes.

Best regards,

Doug