• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom 4 for Travel Image Management

Robert Watcher

For the first time I am using Lightroom 4 for all of my photo management and editing on my travel excursion to Nicaragua.

This morning I finally got to experience the usefulness of several editing features - including adjustment brushes and lens correction. They worked far better than I expected. As well I was pleasantly surprised when sharpening, but especially with far improved and excellent noise reduction abilities of version 4.

This was the first image that I attempted to do some burning in on. I had done all of the normal colour and density adjustments that I wanted for the final product - - - but there were some bright areas that I would prefer to have toned down.

Previously I would open in Photoshop for these adjustments, but how much easier when I could accomplish it right in Lightroom without any extra hassle. I'm sure as I use it more, I will find more benefit and become more refined in my technique - - - however for this image, I was totally contented with the result that I got.

Bottom shot is after my main adjustments - top shot same as bottom, but with burning in using adjustment brushes:

20121114-0001.jpg

20121114-0001custom.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For the first time I am using Lightroom 4 for all of my photo management and editing on my travel excursion to Nicaragua.

This morning I finally got to experience the usefulness of several editing features - including adjustment brushes and lens correction. They worked far better than I expected. As well I was pleasantly surprised when sharpening, but especially with far improved and excellent noise reduction abilities of version 4.

This was the first image that I attempted to do some burning in on. I had done all of the normal color

20121114-0001.jpg

This is pretty good but I still love the finer control of layers. Maybe if I used Lightroom more I could do the same. In this picture, I'd consider putting the lower limbs in more shadow and so hide the black knees.

Asher