• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Problem Exporting to Desktop with LR

doug anderson

My desktop computer is on the blink so I loaded LR 4.1 onto my laptop, then upgraded to 4.4.

Previously I had been able to export to desktop simply by naming a folder in the export menu. Now the photos don't export and I have to go looking for them in the HD and drag them to the desktop. I'm doing everything I used to do and don't know why it isn't working.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Doug
what computer and OS ?
With Mac, when you choose export one can set the export "place" including creating folder and sub folders… even in LR 5 ; ) (beta)

Doug,
If I'm understanding correctly, you are not looking for your lightroom catalog, but rather your actual photos?

If yes, when you import your images, on the import page, on the bottom left, you can indicate a destination folder and set the disk and the folder there. Just click on the DESTINATION dropdown and choose your preferred place for your photos there. Lightroom will create sub-folders by date in it, by year and actual date. Anything raws or .tif etc., you are looking for will be found there.

This will not move your older images already sent somewhere else. If you move them to your new folder then you will have to let Lightroom know where you have moved them otherwise it will say they are offline.
Hope this was the help you were actually looking for.

If it was actually to export these to a new folder, the way you are doing it is correct. If this is the problem, then your Lightroom copy may have become corrupt and a re-install may be in order, but before doing that I would contact Adobe as they would know what to do.

Hope this is helpful