• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

looking through

Doug Kerr

Hi, Wolfgang,

Hi,

when I noticed a woman looking over this grid at Tempelmount in Jerusalem

I thought: why look over it? Look through it!

Oh, those are just wonderful.

I like this one:

best because of the fact that two of the characters appear framed within two of the "apertures".

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wolfgang,

You're a keen observer! I have never imagined such a view of prayer at the "wailing wall".

This is one of the holiest places in Jerusalem. It is the surviving wall of the magnificent Jewish Temple, first built by Kind Solomon and then rebuilt after the return of Jews from captivity in Babylon.

Until recently, men prayed by the wall but now there is a section for women too. That was a major dogmatic fight as the ultra-orthodox have not yet grappled with the ideas of total equality of the sexes. The most orthodox men don't wish to be distracted from prayer by the intrusion of females. The women feel that they have equal rights in how they approach god in prayer.

Actually, the most extreme orthodox of many religions have so much more in common that one might first imagine by their labels. Thanks goodness, Jews do not think Judaism is the sole path to heaven or else they would be in India converting the poor and that society, for sure do not need any more sub-divisions!

The picture is so interesting as doug points out, as it frames just two individuals from a large assembly of worshipers. It shows that they are acting, each on his own, without mediation of a priest or intermediary in their voice to heaven

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Great!
It's sometimes difficult to 'frame' a scene, but there we get a "multi frames' shot, and this gives an even larger interest. Powerful!