• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Morning Stroll

Chris Calohan

So the question I am of want to ask...can a shot with this casual of an atmosphere be considered under the genre of "street" photography? This is very much going on in the scene given the two older couples, two of them together, and the other with one lagging a bit behind the other juxtaposed against two kids with something other than a slow stroll in mind. The beached seaweed mimes the flow of the waves but serves the purpose of holding everyone in that one moment.

9320794139_4739427f1f_o.jpg

Morning Stroll: Chris Calohan​

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Chris,

As far as I'm concerned, you can call this street photography, why not?

I find it interesting that everybody is walking in the same direction here. Also, we don't see the horizon but the ridge of the blue wave acts like one at first look.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So the question I am of want to ask...can a shot with this casual of an atmosphere be considered under the genre of "street" photography? This is very much going on in the scene given the two older couples, two of them together, and the other with one lagging a bit behind the other juxtaposed against two kids with something other than a slow stroll in mind. The beached seaweed mimes the flow of the waves but serves the purpose of holding everyone in that one moment.

9320794139_4739427f1f_o.jpg

Morning Stroll: Chris Calohan​

Chris,

Sacrificing the sky is worth it!

For what's returned in this is a more empathetic connection to the beach goers, as our own kin, so to speak.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I realize now that this kind of scene should be photographed with a high resolution modern camera, as then in a large print one can enjoy the individual clusters of activity, like the couple walking their dog. Amazing that for all the openness, this consists of many price action bubbles of existence!

Asher