• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for fine images on seeds and such of autumn and winter!

just a shot of pussywillows from this spring, but i rather like the overall effect. taken with a 30D and Sigma EX80-400 @ 400mm, 1/500 @ f/9

IMG_0721sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One more:

Best regards,
Michael

Michael,

The fluffy plumes are interesting and the sloped striations in the background work well together. What causes the latter?

Just a minor point for me that I always seem to struggle with in pictures like this. I have a question about the lower end of the image. In such compositions, I feel the tendency for the line of the stem to draw my eyes out of the frame. Have you considered ways in which that might be modulated or is that not an issue for you?

Asher

Michael Nagel

The fluffy plumes are interesting and the sloped striations in the background work well together. What causes the latter?
Thanks. The background consists of small waves OOF which help to cause this impression.

Just a minor point for me that I always seem to struggle with in pictures like this. I have a question about the lower end of the image. In such compositions, I feel the tendency for the line of the stem to draw my eyes out of the frame. Have you considered ways in which that might be modulated or is that not an issue for you?
For me this is not an issue. When composing, I usually see the graphical elements of the picture.
Here it consists of (almost) vertical lines with dots (the plumes) and diagonal background elements (the waves).
This might be a strange way to see things, but so do I see things sometimes...

Best regards,
Michael