• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bicycle Journey

Vivek Iyer

My special interests/expertise are in Ultraviolet, Infrared and related areas with a strong interest in Street photography. Most often, I put together my own tools using whatever that is available to me.

A false color IR street snap.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr​

So, what interesting cycling pictures do you have hidden a way in boxes or some forgotten hard drive?

Vivek

Ruben Alfu

Hi Vivek, welcome to the forum!

That's a charming image, beautiful treatment. Well, let's get started:

7269627-md.jpg

Ruben Alfu : No diesel

Regards,

Ruben

Doug Kerr

Hi, Vivek,

My special interests/expertise are in Ultraviolet, Infrared and related areas with a strong interest in Street photography. Most often, I put together my own tools using whatever that is available to me.

A false color IR street snap.
Very nice shot, in many ways.

Dare I conclude from the fully-enclosed chain guard that this was taken in the Netherlands?

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

....So, what interesting cycling pictures do you have hidden a way in boxes or some forgotten hard drive?

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Firstly, welcome to OPF. I agree with others about the qualities of this bike picture. Just out of curiousity, was it your own idea to create this challenge or did Asher perhaps 'encourage' you?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Why do you ask? Of course it was my idea, you knew that, LOL! Every so often, a treasure appears and then before long, it's buried and lost. This, I thought is so full of potential, it deserves to be showcased. It's that simple and what I like to do and have done with your pictures in the past. How can great pictures not also serve as an inspiration to everyone? Vivek, kindly gave consent to the idea! That made me a happy guy!

Now, Cem, where's your bicycle picture? I know it will be great!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

Of course I have guessedd as much and asked the question with a winking smiley in mind, I should have added it in hindsight. :)

I think this shall be a great challenge. Like any other Dutch photographer, I have got zillions of bike pictures. It would not be fair for others if I started dumping mine here at first, lol. Let's wait and see.

Mike Shimwell

Vivek, the picture is great, although I don't need the false colour and woud likely print it in mono myself (Cem, will advise)

Ruben and Cem, both excellent pictures. Very different - Ruben's is uber cool and Cem's a humourous and slightly sentimental moment plucked from the worl around. Great.

I rather liked this, though it could also be a snap that turned into a photograph...

Mike

Naomi's first ride
first-ride-1-of-1.jpg

Mike Shimwell

Fahim

I remember your picture - sums up photography's empathy with entropy (c) very nicely.

Jeremy, very cool picture and bike frame too I think.

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

Vivek, the picture is great, although I don't need the false colour and woud likely print it in mono myself (Cem, will advise)

Ruben and Cem, both excellent pictures. Very different - Ruben's is uber cool and Cem's a humourous and slightly sentimental moment plucked from the worl around. Great.

I rather liked this, though it could also be a snap that turned into a photograph...

Mike

Naomi's first ride
first-ride-1-of-1.jpg
Simply priceless....