• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What the Duck!

Cem_Usakligil

Just feeling very bored and uninspired, so I thought why the heck not .....

f37760.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Ducks

Having spent several tour days in Europe, often including photographing ducks in places like Keukenhof and Brugges, can you tell me more about where you captured said duck and gear used to do the same.

I think he needs better post processing.

Quack!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Kathy,

Having spent several tour days in Europe, often including photographing ducks in places like Keukenhof and Brugges, can you tell me more about where you captured said duck and gear used to do the same.

I think he needs better post processing.

Quack!
Thanks for quacking by! I am rotflmao as this was taken in the Keukenhof which I have visited with two very dear friends from California. :)

The gear was the 5d mk II and the 100mm f2.8 macro. The duck was very friendly and inquisitive. This was taken at an arm's length.

What did you have in mind re. the better pp?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just feeling very bored and uninspired, so I thought why the heck not .....

f37760.jpg

This, my dear friend, is one impressive duck that Parr might even find exceptional. However I cannot say because I have not read his expert diatribe categorizing our work. To me however, this picture is delightful. Why?

First the colors on the beak. These are pastel, pleasant irregular patches and perfectly original. Next the flat beak holds them for me like an offering. Now who would have thought that was even possible? The iridescent head does provide authentic identification of "belonging to a duck", but otherwise is not unique. Next the actual meat of the duck, it's entire body is a ghost of an object, faintly written. So the "duckness" of the duck is abstracted. Yes, indeed it's a duck, so there's reward for me in recognizing that.

What is common with all art is that the work is truly "special". If we walk past this, we miss out.

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Asher -

Asher.

This is a very special duck. He posed for three photographers at the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland in May. Two of whom are OPF Members.

He was very verbal, the light harsh and the company magnificent.

StuartRae

Cem_Usakligil said:
What did you have in mind re. the better pp?

In the fashion in the 70's, I would suggest some orange sauce and croquette potatoes. If you wish to be rather outre you could add cherries instead of the orange.

Bon apertit,

Stuart

Cem_Usakligil

Dear Asher,
...This, my dear friend, is one impressive duck that Parr might even find exceptional. However I cannot say because I have not read his expert diatribe categorizing our work. To me however, this picture is delightful. Why?

First the colors on the beak. These are pastel, pleasant irregular patches and perfectly original. Next the flat beak holds them for me like an offering. Now who would have thought that was even possible? The iridescent head does provide authentic identification of "belonging to a duck", but otherwise is not unique. Next the actual meat of the duck, it's entire body is a ghost of an object, faintly written. So the "duckness" of the duck is abstracted. Yes, indeed it's a duck, so there's reward for me in recognizing that.

What is common with all art is that the work is truly "special". If we walk past this, we miss out...
As always, you are very kind and considerate. I appreciate it a lot. But honestly, the only reason I have posted this was because I was really bored and I wanted to do something which I would not do normally. ;)

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As always, you are very kind and considerate. I appreciate it a lot. But honestly, the only reason I have posted this was because I was really bored and I wanted to do something which I would not do normally. ;)

Cem,

This picture is special. It delivers duckness in an entirely new way. Could it be processed better? Perhaps, but already, this has prodded me into new ideas. Look at Paul's picture of his son here. That too is from above and unique.

Asher