• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wildlife behavior...

This thread is about imagery revealing slices of the lives of creatures in the wild; illustration of behavior involving food, rest, play, grooming, travel, guard duty, propagation and death. In other words, the things they do when not posing for us.

I suspect Asher might let us bend the four-post rule a bit if an action series requires it.

If you feel your imagery is helped with some narrative, please, please include it.

Full disclosure: Asher put me up to this. The following is the image that prompted the conversation.

This fellow is busy feeling around the pond banks and bottom
for crayfish. He caught several in the twenty minutes or so
that we watched it.​

original.jpg

©2010 Winston Mitchell: Raccoon Hunting for Crayfish

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Winston,

We rarely see the real essential parts of the lives of animals we love to photograph. In reality, life is on a rasor's edge. What's beauty survives only because of behaviors that have been tested over eons. Choose carefully! Glimpses activity is what we are looking for!

Bring us the excitement!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is an excellent chance to showcase your pictures of animals in there natural surroundings. Winston's first image deserves company!

Asher