• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hesitation

Antonio Correia

Unperfected improved version.

i-PzDWfm7-XL.jpg

John Wolf

Hi Antonio,

Amazing the impact of even a minor crop. But I actually like the first one best. I like seeing the boy in context of the other children. All those body parts add something for me.

Of the two tighter cropped versions, I like the higher contrast (first one) best. I usually prefer lower contrast, but the "final" version looks a little flat. It could be my monitor, which has not been calibrated for a while.

John

Antonio Correia

Thank you all for the comments.

Since yesterday I am not satisfied with this photo.
Finally, I found the right one, the one I really like and am happy with.

It is as good as the first one but with a different crop.

EDIT - I twisted the photo just a tad. I small trick that works just fine sometimes. I wonder if I have twisted enough.

i-VSQ7pCs-XL.jpg

Julian Knight

It's a terrific shot.

In the top pic, the girl/boy looking out of frame on the left really added emotional interest for me. I miss that element in the final crop where we are left with only a shoulder.

It would be interesting to see it cropped a little closer into the main character's right- side ear and keeping the left character in the picture. Then we'd have 3 expressions to become involved in.

Lovely depth and deep charcoal texture!

Antonio Correia

It's a terrific shot. In the top pic, the girl/boy looking out of frame on the left really added emotional interest for me. I miss that element in the final crop where we are left with only a shoulder. It would be interesting to see it cropped a little closer into the main character's right- side ear and keeping the left character in the picture. Then we'd have 3 expressions to become involved in. Lovely depth and deep charcoal texture!

Thank you Julian. :)

The importance of a correct treatment is essencial to the final result. Here are two - this and another one - which match perfectly.

i-VSQ7pCs-L.jpg
i-pX5mMgV-L.jpg