• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Abstractions from Fowers

Chris Calohan

6933967948_f9c8e0a40b_o.jpg

Chris Calohan: Day Lily

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris has kindly consented to his wonderful macro photograph of a Day Lily being used as the stimulus for a new collection of "abstractions based on flowers of any kind".

Sometimes, we are able to photograph objects such that the views offered are so novel that we can be transported to unrelated matters. Here's such a case, The male parts of the flower are so well photographed that they appear to be energized and sensual. So I thought it would be a great start to finding pictures that drift from just being flowers to allow the mind to wander and wonder.

So here's an invitation for more abstractions of flowers.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not sure if this fits the criteria as it's not a flower but a weed.

7269468652_b02578b42f_c.jpg

Jake Kllein: "Untitled"

Jake,

Being untitled, we're allowed to think any way we wish. It's actually very literal and then more metaphoric with the idea of imprisonment. The dandelion is seemingly, caged in by the wire. however, the seeds are never imprisoned so easily. They fly away with a puff of air, stick to things and have a new life somewhere else.

Asher :)

Certainly, this

Andy brown

Its too cold to go outside today. 15deg C this morning.

Woah! break out the balaclavas.

I was in Darwin in the winter way back when.

18 degree mornings and it was jumpers all round.

Here, we've gone subzero already but still pulling 19-20 degree crystal clear, still days.

I'm a snake, love the heat, I'll retire to the equatorial tropics but for now another winter to negotiate.

Love the first shot with the opposable thumb. Cool.

fahim mohammed

this is beautiful, Fahim. Would look amazing printed on canvas on a wall, really big! It makes me think of a smoke preset I have for lightroom, how did you achieve this effect?
Maggie

Thanks Maggie. I honestly don't have the foggiest!! Just some blend layers and a brush.

Regards.