• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Moon is blue, or yellow or white.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Occasionally the Moon pokes its face out from some corner and seems to fit right in, almost as if it belongs.

I seem to have collected a few shots with this satellite hanging precariously overhead.

Here's the first.
Got any to share and compare?

_DSC2372 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well Tom, you got me hunting. So far just this:

_MG_3443_700.jpg

Asher Kelman: Moon Above The Walt Disney Concert Hall

Los Angeles, California

Building Designed by Frank Gehry

I've always been fascinated by positioning the moon over favorite architecture! We'll have to find more!

Asher

So that's where it went!! :)

Hi Asher,

It's all over the place. Apparently it also was here a week ago when there were no clouds to hide behind:
8816_400mm.jpg

It was so high in the sky that there was no interesting foreground, so I just concentrated on getting a instrumental recording with an EF 70-200mm f/4 + 2x extender, shown here at actual recorded size.

I've also tried converting the single image into a 3D-anaglyph version for Red-Cyan glasses:
8816_400mm_Anaglyph.jpg

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

It's all over the place. Apparently it also was here a week ago when there were no clouds to hide behind:
8816_400mm.jpg

It was so high in the sky that there was no interesting foreground, so I just concentrated on getting a instrumental recording with an EF 70-200mm f/4 + 2x extender, shown here at actual recorded size.

I've also tried converting the single image into a 3D-anaglyph version for Red-Cyan glasses:
8816_400mm_Anaglyph.jpg

Cheers,
Bart
Bart,

It's so impressive how well one can image the moon with just the lowly 70-200 4.0 L and no IS. I guess with a tripod. Your 70-200 2.8 L IS II with the latest 2x could do even better!

Still that's not as amazing as the work of astronomers in eons past who managed to make remarkable progress with much more meager telescopes!!

Looking forward to seeing more images! Unfortunately, we rarely keyword even interesting image with the notion of "moon". I bet everyone has taken snaps of unusual moon v. Landscape or architecture combinations. However, who can find them? I had to catalog one hard drive in Media Pro and, as I expected, I did indeed have moon pics lurking hidden amongst other shoots.

I wish we had moon recognition software, LOL !

Asher