• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flowering Trees!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I see these trees along Santa monic blvd. They flower later autumn and produce a masses of pink flowers. Unfortunately, they are getting rarer. Recently one magnificent one was removed to allow for more space around a new giant light for the street! So this one, which seems healthy is more important for it's stoic nature!

[Group 1]-_0045690__0045724-35 images_0001cropped copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: Spike-Covered Tree in Blossom
Santa monica Blvd, 90210, November 2012

If you can, give this a name! In any case, add your own bloomin' trees!

Asher

fahim mohammed

We take so so many things for granted!

What I would give for sight like this on my street!

Joyous images...a new beginning. A new life. Nature at its best, on show.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We take so so many things for granted!

What I would give for sight like this on my street!

Joyous images...a new beginning. A new life. Nature at its best, on show.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Well, Fahim, can't you just plant the trees? Who decides? Here we go to the city manager!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, we can plant trees ( ones amenable for our climate ). And they are planted. Vast avenues of date palms!

Other trees need massive quantities of water ( a commodity more expensive than crude! ), and huge amounts of caring and nurturing. It is different in the south. Valleys, farms, rivers, clouds, rain.

We have extensive projects on-going of genetic trees and new found technology that require very small
Quantities of irrigation. Moisture in bags for a very long period in extreme heat.

Very few are blessed with everything. Else there would be no interaction between communities across the oceans.

Regards.