• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ready Made – things you have made then photographed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Hampton

as the title describes - so post.

M2MR.jpg

TXTM2MR - M Hampton

Mark Hampton

ok i will open this theme up - seems not many people make / change things - so I will add in to the mix......

letting algorithms form the image - a ready made landscape - this is the future of photography !!

workworkwork.jpg

work.work.wrok - HDR pro Readymade (M Hampton / operator)​

anyone else the computer take over!

ok i will open this theme up - seems not many people make / change things - so I will add in to the mix......

letting algorithms form the image - a ready made landscape - this is the future of photography !!

workworkwork.jpg

work.work.wrok - HDR pro Readymade (M Hampton / operator)​

anyone else the computer take over!

Makes me dizzy! But I stll can't take my eyes off it.

Mark Hampton

Makes me dizzy! But I stll can't take my eyes off it.

lol.. sounds like my day job.... i ken what you mean...

2011-08-2309.jpg

work.wrok.work - HDR Pro Readymade (M Hampton / operator)​

- get an HDR program and process 3 images with different ideas / things going on in them.

interesting article here..

cheers

Mark Hampton

I made this lamp in a shop class in 1955. I photographed it fifty years later with my first digi-cam, an HP945.

original.jpg

Winston,

glad you joined in... if i last 50 years I will be happy never mind a light I made... now let the computer take control...

rory.jpg

Work.Rory.Fae. - HDR Readymade (M Hampton / operator)

dont tell me your not making images like these!

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Winston,

glad you joined in... if i last 50 years I will be happy never mind a light I made... now let the computer take control...

rory.jpg

Mark,

I can see this can be very creative. I like the way the software dropped out some parts of the component images and ended up with the echoing face. I can see a great potential with such constructs. But could you plan this in advance or do you just get what the app happens to create?

What control can you have? Ideally it should give us a layered TIFF file with masks that we could fine tune.

Asher

Mark Hampton

rory.jpg

Mark,

I can see this can be very creative. I like the way the software dropped out some parts of the component images and ended up with the echoing face. I can see a great potential with such constructs. But could you plan this in advance or do you just get what the app happens to create?

What control can you have? Ideally it should give us a layered TIFF file with masks that we could fine tune.

Asher

Asher,

its easy to work out how the system works - you make pictures and you get the idea of how it sticks things together - the idea though for me is to give up a certain amount of control - let the system take control to an extent...

i choose the base images.. the portrait is successful because we recognise the face - i kent it would blend the hair - but the way the face was treated was unexpected..

like most of the play I do I learn things and later may apply what I have learnt to a work..

thanks for popping by - why don't you join in !

its liberating !

Tom dinning

Registrant*
In between jobs in 1999 I was looking for something to keep me busy.
I made a few boxes for people and finished up selling over 2000 in 6 years. I still have a couple around the house and I use them for props when I photograph my craft friends' work.
It was a very rewarding time and aI look back on it with fondness and a few scars from working with very sharp tools.
I haven't made one for 6 years and don't have any ambitions to go back to it. It was just a job that I liked and it earnt a living.

DSC_2500 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

DSC_2502 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This thread has too many images missing in the beginning. That's really sad. So I'm closing the original intact and starting a duplicate minus the missing images so it all makes sense. The pruned copy is here. Enjoy and make it thrive! :)

Asher

Status
Not open for further replies.