• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

City Lights! Celebratory, Theater, Gas Stations or Times Square!

James Lemon

i-Tb7wNdw-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Go through your collections! Let's share your best pictures of cool, dramatic or outrageous City Lights!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Happy new year to everybody!

The higher building in the middle is the tower of the former Munich airport (Riem). The area has become a new part of Munich since the airport moved out.

Best regards
Michael

Asher Kelman

James, Antonio, Maggie, Nicolas and Michael,

A joyous motif to experience! Lights on the darkness mean refuge, a good meal, a bed to rest innand hopefully, friendship a glass of wine some great conversation and renewed vigor for tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

James Lemon

Antonio, Nicolas ,Michael, and Asher

Thank you for taking the time to share your images to this thread and thanks to Asher for coming up with the idea. I hope to see more from everyone in the meantime here is another.

i-gDVv5H4-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

One more from me.

Best regards
Michael

Is this early evening darkness at 5:40 pm or, OMG, the thought, folk going to work early in the morning? I seem to remember, in Wintertime, it getting darker, much earlier, in London.

Is there a sundial on the side of that clock tower!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio, Nicolas ,Michael, and Asher

Thank you for taking the time to share your images to this thread and thanks to Asher for coming up with the idea. I hope to see more from everyone in the meantime here is another.

i-gDVv5H4-L.jpg

It seems utterly deserted, but I discovered 5 figures in the doorways or ready to cross the road, perhaps.

What is that mist from?

Asher

Asher Kelman

nuit_45R0043.jpg

Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao - Architect: Franck Gerhy​

Fabulous!

I love the finish in stone. It has all the beauty of Gehry's master work at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, but it is far more connected to Mother Earth and the history of European Architecture and its works in all sorts of natural materials! So it is far more agreeable and comforting, whereas, WDCH is right at home so close to Hollywood and the "Razmataz of "Tinsel Town"!

...and you do architecture so well. I hope you this picture has siblings you adore too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

James may be right! One can imagine cars screaming along those streets at 100 km/hr. The lights, come to think of it, can be seen as the trails of a high speed racing circuit!

Asher

Antonio Correia

The car which has stopped at the left is in fact, a truck which carries trash and it has been stopped for a while.
The other tracks on the road, were cars passing by. They were not speeding...
Thank you Asher for the explanation. It was my poor English to blame.