• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Around the Block - Black & White

Robert Watcher

208121B1-AC50-4605-B2E9-43A7FA359B3B.jpg

57DF342F-A56E-4543-953A-F5DCE8D9237F.jpg

E8180EA7-C870-4270-B69F-7F6C13AD449A.jpg

7373DB11-3BA8-49F5-AAF8-73F0E24671D4.jpg

84D262D7-E6CE-4953-87E6-6350D99CB4FD.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Absolutely no need for color!

I don’t find myself missing the colors here as everything seems totally normal and understandable.

Now is this because I was brought up on B&W photography and that is what is normal to me.

Tell me, Robert, when you show this monochrome work to the folk as is your custom, have they ever reacted differently to B&W?

Do they ask where the color has gone?

Asher

Robert Watcher

Absolutely no need for color!

I don’t find myself missing the colors here as everything seems totally normal and understandable.

Now is this because I was brought up on B&W photography and that is what is normal to me.

Tell me, Robert, when you show this monochrome work to the folk as is your custom, have they ever reacted differently to B&W?

Do they ask where the color has gone?

Asher

Thanks Asher. No I have never had anyone suggest anything other than what I provide them. Wouldn’t matter if they did though, I am a little bit of the Apple philosophy—- I don’t give many options - and my options are all they have to choose from. LOL.

——-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher. No I have never had anyone suggest anything other than what I provide them. Wouldn’t matter if they did though, I am a little bit of the Apple philosophy—- I don’t give many options - and my options are all they have to choose from. LOL.

——-

I would have thought that local folk would have been raised with only full color. I guess that when one is being given a picture and one is thrilled that this tourist actually kept their promise and returned with a picture, that it could be rude to ask about the color at a time when they are simply thrilled with your kindness.

Still, if you get a chance, ask some folk! I wonder whether our brains don’t even need the color.

Asher