• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Can you show "the future"?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This one image I found from Allan Lim's recent images that shows children through a shadowed opening against the distant landscape. The massive stone structure anchors the picture solidly to the foreground and the present. The distance, by contrast, is very inderminate and perhaps even transitory.

55518783.togetherforever.JPG

© 2007 Allan Lim

We cannot see the children's faces, but they do appear to be looking way into the distance. Perhaps?

It is difficult to illustrate the concept of "the future". In another challenge I selected an image that appear to contrast two cultures and past and present.

Here, however, we have nothing unique ahead, just mostly vegetation. So does this picture make it to raising questions about future possibilities?

Post your comments and contributions!

Asher

The archway helps connect me to the two children. I feel placed inside the structure, watching.

Because I can not see where they are looking, my thoughts and eyes do not wander much from them, and what they might be seeing, feeling, thinking.

I know they are high up with what must be a fantastic view - what a treat this view must be for them. Remembering back to my own childhood, these moments always thrilled!

The contraints connect me to these children and through these children to my own inner child.