• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flamenco

155141510-L.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Dear Nik,

Trying to find the right words, where do I begin? <smile>

I used to share a room at school with a very good friend of mine who played the classical guitar seriously. Your photo has taken me back some 30 years into my past, memories, memories...

Looking at this picture, I can't help but see/hear him playing Albeniz's Asturias in my mind, memories which I am quite fond of.

Thanks for sharing. It is a great picture and as far as I'm concerned deserves it's rightful place in this sub-forum for photography as art.

Cheers,

Cem,

Dear Nik,

Trying to find the right words, where do I begin? <smile>

I used to share a room at school with a very good friend of mine who played the classical guitar seriously. Your photo has taken me back some 30 years into my past, memories, memories...

Looking at this picture, I can't help but see/hear him playing Albeniz's Asturias in my mind, memories which I am quite fond of.

Thanks for sharing. It is a great picture and as far as I'm concerned deserves it's rightful place in this sub-forum for photography as art.

Cheers,

Thank you very much, I'm glad it brings back this kind of memories (it does that for me, too:)

Cheers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolai,

You are a magician! What can I say?

I love wood, I enjoy the classical guitar with Moorish alleys and stone pathways and the clatter of dancing feet and castanets.

Then there's the American classics, the music of the 60's, of hope and and protest from the north or the cowboys of the Southwest, crooning about lost lovers or the 6 string guitar music, of the deep south, cradling the genuine blues originals of Leadbelly singing "Irene Goodnight", "Black Girl" or "Midnight Special"!

It's that hand you show that makes all the music! A Richly conceived image. I like it!

Perhaps could be wider?

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Asher,
thank you very much for your kind words.

Yeah, there is little more evoking type of music compared to this one...:)

I will try to reshoot. I feel some important element is still missing... Maybe wider;-)