• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hazyday on the Solent

John Harper

Hi there

Last one for today just a shot of people messing about in their boat on the solent. It was a very hazy day, you can just about make out more yachts in the background,

If you have really sharp eyes you can see the search and rescue helicopter heading to pick up some poor soul in distress, or more likely someone drunk who got hit by a boom!!

EOS 20D 70-200 2.8L IS @ 155mm ISO 200 1/1250 @ F7.1

John

hazyday.jpg

John Harper

Haze + fog + clouds and a shy beam of light.

_G8A9838.jpg

Nicolas

Just a couple of questions if i may! the shot has just clipped the top of the mast, would you normally try to get all of the mast in or do you feel its not really an issue.

Also what lens do you use most, would it be a 70-200 F2.8 or something wider

John

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour John
Usually I don't care about cropping masts, if it is cropped enough and not to close to the mast head and I agree that on this one it would be better with the complete rig!

Depending of what I want to show or express I use lenses from 12 to 500mm!
However, when there is haze issue I prefer longer lenses as they do "compress" the dynamic (a part of the haze goes out into the bokeh).

This one was shot with a 70-200 ƒ2.8 IS

I hadn"t the 500 at that time, but it would have been gorgeous!

500 mm shot, a really hazy day:

_G8A3099.jpg