• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sexy Brandy

Sexy Brandi

A model I shot at my humble home studio. This is from the first shoot which we ended up shooting four different styles using a MUA.

Critiques, comments, suggestions appreciated.

Sexy Brandi - Yes that her name
4763w.jpg

Another Brandi Pic Here

Thank you for looking!

--William

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that good or bad in your opinion?

I mean are you suggesting that the model shouldn't be doing this kind of shoots because of her thin legs? I seriously want to hear your opinion and I'm not bother at all by your comment.

--William

I agree with you on that. I think that is a plus for her.

She told me that another photographer told her that she was too thin for him to shoot. She asked me and well, we shot these and she is happy.

That's really the reason why I wanted to know why the first thing you mentioned/noticed or pointed out was her thing legs.
No harm done. Now if you have said that in your opinion her legs are too thin then I still would of like to hear your opinion. Too bad I have no idea who the other photographer was that told her that.

Thanks!

--William

Doug Kerr

So, two psychiatrists attending an out-of town convention were walking down the street to dinner. A colleague passed them in the other direction, saying "Good evening".

One of the first two said to the other, "I wonder what he meant by that?"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not to start a side debate, but to let people now that no warning is needed if you have images that fall within the TOS. If it is not fit, don't show here.

We don't want the forum full of warnings. We have a place in "Uptown" for Contraversial Images. Here, "Glamor" looks like glamor. "Fashion" looks like fashion. There's no debate to have as we all know how to navigate!!

We're for photography with a purpose, the intent of the maker of the picture and that's what Sex Brandy's image represents. I like it.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I like the exploring, "cat-like" animal playful pose.

The duotone of her hair and the one shoe are interesting. The shoe seems too larrge or if it is supposed to be incompletely on, then it should be more so!

Here right food should be either completely hidden or should show by bringing the left knee forward.

She is thin, but still attractive and thin but not unhealthy. One can always bulk the thigh s a tad!

I like the simple pink color choice for lips and pants.

Asher

ron_hiner

my 2 cents

I love the colors in her face... however...

Otherwise her skin has an unattractive blue cast -- very easy to fix.

I think shes very attractive... but that pose is not particularly so. I'd love to see more head/shoulder combos with this model. I'd try to play up her best features. This shot draws attention away from that.

Were it to by my shoot, and I had a willing model with these curves, I'd first get great head and shoulder shots in the can. THEN I'd try for some tighter shots of abs, aft, and beyond. The legs should work for you, not against you. In this pose, they draw attention away from the face, and they work against you.

Ron

ron_hiner

it haunts me!

William -

I kept thinking about this photo.... it changed my mind! The pose and the expression are great! -- but the image needs some post processing to draw the viewer's eyes to the model's eyes. Her pink shorts pull your attention away from her face.

How about a treatment like this??? Keep the color on the face, desaturate elsewhere and add some grain and blur, and add MORE of that blue tone - which my previous post suggested to remove.

(My apologies if edit & repost violates the rules -- I don't know how I would express it otherwise)

4763w_a.jpg

See what happens? The pose works... the leg thickness is irrelevant -- and your eyes meet her eyes first.

Did I go too far?? absolutely. but you can always dial down the effects.

Ron

(were this the real deal, I'd play with desaturating her left shoe more... and make her right heel disappear. I'd want to work with the bikini top too -- maybe turn in it to a LIGHT pink, like her bikini bottoms are now.)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Ron,

I liike your ideas, but to simplify things, I'd make the shorts black, then the lips stand out. Its the lips that makes the image!

Asher

Asher Kelman

William,

I had to come back to this picture since I feel uncomfortable with the pose and need to express that. Do you have shots of her from different angles, especially head and shoulders? I'd like to see more of her. Some poses might turn out better than others for particular figures.

Asher

kombizz kashani

nice image, although I agree with few that she needs to eat more food to get stronger.
good lighting
I wonder if she changes her lipstick's color if she changes her knicker each time.

Asher Kelman

William,

I thought we should regain perspective by returning to your orginal starting post!

A model I shot at my humble home studio. This is from the first shoot which we ended up shooting four different styles using a MUA.

Critiques, comments, suggestions appreciated.

Sexy Brandi - Yes that her name
4763w.jpg

Another Brandi Pic Here

and the other picture!

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I shoot using a MUA and what a difference it makes!!
I'm really excited since I have more shoots line up for the rest of the month with models and MUAs. ;) Oh! for the record, her skin has not been smooth out at all, all I did was to remove some imperfections.

4486w.jpg

I would appreciate comments/critiques, thanks!

For those of you that do not know what is a MUA...
MUA = Make up Artist

People that are professionals in beauty makeup and creating characters as in movies. They can make an actor look sick, shot, bleeding, you know, make belief stuff. This time they had to make the model I used as pretty as she can be and the MUA did a great job don't you think?

Taken as a whole, this is the window on a first time professional set up using an MUA with a model as an excercise in serious portrait and glamor photography.

That is the context to look at.

We already have remarked on the thin frame of the model and the position which might not be optimum for this model.

I can list factors which come to my mind in a shoot

• Concept

• Budget

• Model Choice

• MUA choice

• Other assistants, phototech or not

• Wardrobe

• Lighting

• Pose and model direction

• Camera position

• Background

• Shoot Organization

The second picture has been discussed but in summary, the shot is successful in general with reservations about catchlights and perhaps, although not definately rather flat lighting.

The model has her best features, her face helping the photograph and the MUA is well used.

The first picture above, however, is much more difficult. Much more is tested!

Matching a model's physical attributes with the concept, model choice, pose, costume and more of the shoot is orders of magnitude more challenging than a "head and shoulders" portrait of a good looking young woman.

More important, the shoot's organization worked!

If glamor photography was easy, everyone would be able to do it.

The fact is, whether one chooses to do Weddings or Architecture or any other professional specialty, the concepts, demands, technics and skills are very different.

Despite some criticisms, your work is a good first step! Good luck on more shoots.

Asher

Thank you for your thorough analysis, comments, observations, and suggestions.
Much appreciated. I'll keep shooting of course to get better at it.
Your analysis are welcome in my book. ;)

--William