• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bedroom as location

nyschulte

As my studio is under construction for the moment and not being able NOT taking pictures,
i decided to set up lighting into one bedroom :)

_D223453_la_mated.jpg

_D223416_mated.jpg

_D223415_mated.jpg

_D223397_la_mated.jpg

Main light is the Elinchrom Octa 190cm, accent light the 30x175cm Elinchrom Strip light

Nicolas

Jack_Flesher

Pretty model!

The first two don't work for me because of the eyes -- looks like an overdone eyeglow effect. If so, try toning it down to about 25% of what you did. I like the pose in 1 a lot though. I also like the pose in 3, but the eyes look soft on my monitor and I like nice sharp eyes. (Could be a jpeg/web thing, or missed focus?) In 4 it looks like the pillow behind the model is what's in focus? I also find the bookcase a distraction in that image and would move it out of the way for the next shoot. Again, I would make sure the eyes were sharp; maybe use a wider aperture, perfect focus on eyes, and let everything else fade to oof.

IMO, 1 is your winner if you can tone down the eyeglow.

Cheers,

nyschulte

Thank you in the name of Lyn. She is as charming to work with too :)

Not sure what you mean about eye glow... i only dodge the color part of the eye opposite the the catch light.

There was barely enough room left after the lights had been placed, so i could not move furniture. I tried to us the lens blur filter in PS but i did not like the effect. Then i tried to dodge the shelf, but it did not work for me either.

I will check out the focus when @ home, but i think it is a resize problem. I get as well many times a comment on the skin retouching, but when viewed at 100%, detail is fine.

Nicolas

kombizz kashani

Very nice images with your exotic pretty model.

#1 I like this image with her blank facial expression, if I do not make a mistake you need to smooth the surface of right breast with PS beautification tools

#2 love this one without that 'dream catcher' on the back of her head

#3 NOT SURE what she try to show it to us? perhaps her red secret of ...

#4 great pose without that book case on the right side !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nicolas,

I like your little studio. Cooperative exotic model. She is worth looking at and the last pose especially interests me. However, we need to forget she is in your bedroom. Maybe you are in her bedroom or some place wonderful!

I'd consider totally darkening everything outside the model so we look at her. Light background, IMHO, serves no purpose except to break the spell of magic. We cannot know everything or else there's nothing to think about!

Maybe give it a try and then I'd bet the images will get magic!

Asher

BTW, there's also another entirely different possibility.Try Changing image #4 to B&W and don't air brush! I think you'd be impressed how snappy, rough and true to life it could be made to appear; a tryst in fact! The complex non-symbiotic colors and textures would be subverted to the meaning of the girl's presence. So B&W, although not at all the intent of the work, might be at least interesting.