• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

anika and catiaA

nyschulte

Same coat, 2 models

Anika
_D301137.jpg

Catia A
_D302835.jpg

Nicolas

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Exceptional model and setup. Where on earth did you find that coat? It's delightful! I like the first especially and how she is posed in a good space. That is something I really like.

The only quibble is with the lighting being so strong on her left face but the other side then has enhanced lines. Something perhaps to consider.

In any case, I can see you are busy and have better models. I do like the whole aura of the first girl as she has refined features and a class attitude. The second girl has amazing eyes, and the lighting shows her well.

Asher

nyschulte

Have been too busy for some time...

Yes Asher, that coat was one of the best additions to the accessories to the studio's clothing inventory. I stumbled over it in a nice boutique and bought it without looking ath the price tag.
I can only say so much, that it's aquisition ate my whole photographic budget for that month.
On the other side i have 95% of the people specially asking for it.

I had some trouble setting up lighting as the first model has a very light? skin, opposed to the darker skinned models i usually work with.

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Very nice! You're getting better all the time, the practice pays off.

The blond model's face is very nicely modulated due to the almost classical lighting setup. Moving the main light a couple of inches higher would have given a good basic portrait lighting, and maybe a little less light on the arm. Her left arm draws a little too much attention for my taste, I'd 'burn' it a little darker in postprocessing. Also, in retrospect and while commenting from the sideline (which is much easier than actualy doing it), a slightly higher viewpoint would have reduced the size of her nostril openings. The background could have used a bit of a light spot behind her, or some gradient. It's not bad as it is (it makes her come forward), I'm just thinking about what might make it even better. All-in-all, one of your better images.

The image of the darker model has a nice diagonal composition to it, with her amazing eyes leading the viewer back into the image. Her skin looks a little blotchy on her right cheek and under her eyes, probably needs some more refined postprocessing to get closer to 'perfection'. The background has enough modulation to avoid being boring, yet little enough to avoid distraction. This is also one of your better images, as far as we've seen here on OPF.

Kudos, and keep up the good work.

Bart

Love the first one, good detail in the coat.
Not so fond on the second one, the face is a bit too blotchly/gritty for my taste.

But that first shot is wonderful.