• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

List exhibitions of your work?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Do you have a photo exhibit at a Gallery or Photoshow?

Post here so we can enjoy at your work! Include sample images if possible.

We want to have a look!

Asher

The only place currently exhibiting my work is La Cabana Gallery which is a new one and doesn't yet have a web presence. And anyway it is only showing my paintings, no photos.....I'm trying to convince the owner to do a photo show though.

Matthew Blais

Here and there

Hi Asher,

I just returned from Shanghai China where I was part of a group show at the Shanghai library showing 12 images. ( The Classic Moments: Invitation Exhibition of American West Photography)
http://www.library.sh.cn/english/exhibition/list.asp?id=1485

In June I will have two images hanging at the Fuji Salon in conjunction with Ebony Camera Co.
http://fujifilmsquare.jp/english/guide/salon.html

And I have a pish-posh of images hanging now at a local coffee shop (I actually sold one from there..)

Steve Davis

The opening of my first exhibition is happening later this week. Ready or not, here I go! :)

Promo-Card-Front_blog.jpg

Promo-Card-Back_blog.jpg

Asher Kelman

The opening of my first exhibition is happening later this week. Ready or not, here I go! :)

Promo-Card-Front_blog.jpg

Promo-Card-Back_blog.jpg
Oh my Goodness Steve!!

This is wonderful. However, it shouldn't be billed as a Montrose exhibit, rather it should say Montrose, LA! After all, 37 minutes in traffic on the 110 North from the Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Opera, The music Center, The Colburn School, where I work, (or the Court House if you are in big trouble), in downtown Los Angeles!

I'm so pleased it's so near us! Wow! for residents of Glendale, Burbank and Pasadena, you're just next door, 10-14 minutes away!

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
I'll have kinda exhibition at the Museum der Kulturen in late August this year, with the title: interspace.

My photos of the construction site of the museum, taken since 2008, will be related to some objects of the museum's collection, which includes 300' 000 objects and about the same number of historic photographs.

That relationship is not easy to build - but very interesting to work on - and to work in a team with ethnologists. It's amazing what you find in the depots!

More infos to come later.

Steve Davis

Thanks all! It's coming together! As of last night, all of the prints are hanging where they belong!

Asher - feel free to come on out one of the two nights. It'd be nice to meet the man behind the site! Just no critiquing in person. I'm insecure enough about the exhibition already. ;)

Asher Kelman

Thanks all! It's coming together! As of last night, all of the prints are hanging where they belong!

Asher - feel free to come on out one of the two nights. It'd be nice to meet the man behind the site! Just no critiquing in person. I'm insecure enough about the exhibition already. ;)

You're safe! I'm just thrilled you're doing this so close to us!

Asher

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Hi folks !

All my Cesure collection is exhibited as 120x120cm at the international PhotodeMer festival, in Vannes !
http://www.photodemer.fr

This festival runs from April 9 to May 2 ! A great opportunitie to show my work to many thousands of people and get some feedback and feelings. Photography is sharing a vision, so I'm really happy to share it with so many people, and hopes to continue to others such big events.

For frenchies, there is a meeting for my exhibition the April 20, feel free to come ;-)

Cheers,
Nicolas

Last edited:
Hi folks !

All my Cesure collection is exhibited as 120x120cm at the international PhotodeMer festival, in Vannes !

Hi Nicolas,

Congratulations in advance. I hope you get results you are hoping for.
It's a bit too far, >9 hours by car, from my place in the Netherlands, but who knows who may show up.

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

Hi folks !

http://www.photodemer.fr

This festival runs from April 9 to May 2 ! A great opportunitie to show my work to many thousands of people and get some feedback and feelings. Photography is sharing a vision, so I'm really happy to share it with so many people, and hopes to continue to others such big events.

For frenchies, there is a meeting for my exhibition the April 20, feel free to come ;-)

Cheers,
Nicolas

Nicolas,

This is great news; congratulations. I hope a lot of people visit.

I hope we can see some of the pictures here too!

Asher

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Thanks !

Here are some photos from the exhibition :

Photodemer2010_01.jpg

Photodemer2010_02.jpg

Photodemer2010_03.jpg

Photodemer2010_04.jpg

Lot of people to visite, many great feedback and interesting meetings !
Thanks everyone for your support.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Nicolas; What a lovely experiential exhibition! It's fascinating when photography transcends its planar nature to become a spacial experience. I wish I could walk through your show but I'll have to be content looking at these images and you online collection.

Bravo.

Asher Kelman

Nicolas; What a lovely experiential exhibition! It's fascinating when photography transcends its planar nature to become a spacial experience. I wish I could walk through your show but I'll have to be content looking at these images and you online collection.

Bravo.

Ken has described my feelings to. The exhibit is a spatial experience and wherever one stands one's position in the exhibit must alter how one assesses the impact of the pictures in view.

Nicolas,

Could you explain the nature of the presentation. Is the picture printed on a card which is grey in the lower half and then covered with glass. Is the frame metal with a panel of metal n the lower half? Is this a standard frame or did you design it. In any case, t's impressive and contributes to a clean almost monolithic, but modern "Stonehenge" appearance.

I hope we can see more!

Asher

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Thanks Ken and Asher for the kind words ;-)

The prints were made on luster paper, on 120x120 cm black aluminium Dibond with plastic-coat for exterior. The totem is made from alumium Dibond also (aluminium finish), and then the prints are fixed onto them. The result is definitely amazing, specially in this old stone walls !

Asher Kelman

Thanks Ken and Asher for the kind words ;-)

The prints were made on luster paper, on 120x120 cm black aluminium Dibond with plastic-coat for exterior. The totem is made from alumium Dibond also (aluminium finish), and then the prints are fixed onto them. The result is definitely amazing, specially in this old stone walls !

Nicolas,

This is so well done! who makes this? is it some French company or you yourself? how long can the prints remain outside? Would you sell them like that?

Can you share the individual pictures too?

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Thanks Asher. The prints were made by a professional lab here in Britain. I do myself my fine art prints, but such big prints need more materials than I have. I don't know exactly how long they can stay outside, but as they are print with pigment inks and plastic coated, time shouldn't be a problem.
I don't sell exhibition print, specially when they are plastic coated. This collection is available only in limited edition on photorag matte paper, and plastic coating change rendering of the paper, but is necessary for outside anyway.
I've just done some new "Cesure" photographs, on Noirmoutier island : http://www.nicolasgenette.com/photos/Cesure_us.php

I could put individual pictures here, sure, but don't want to take all the place on the thread ;-)

Maris Rusis : Original Photographs

Years ago I said I'd never do another public exhibition. Exhibitions are a distraction from on-going creative work. They consume time and expensive resources and furnish but passing entertainment for mildly interested gallery goers.

But there's an upside too in the cleansing discipline of putting together a show. Sure, you make 'em, hang 'em, look at 'em, take 'em down, and put 'em away but the journey also involves an essential editing, clarifying, simplifying, and confirmatory mental process. One might become a better photograph maker or perhaps a more cunning one.

I also do the framing, mounting, matting which feels like work. But I'm not in photography to dodge work but to be uplifted by it. And the signage, titles, and explanatory text is more work too. If it's all done as good as I can do at the time then its worth, grand or paltry, is validated. And maybe I get validated as well; just a bit.

My good mate Ian Poole is director at Foto Frenzy gallery in Brisbane, Australia. He is also enthusiastic, articulate, persistent, and persuasive enough to summon me out of the workshop and studio with photographs to put on a wall.

The result is: Maris Rusis: Original Photographs. The show is 100% extolatory of pictures made out of light sensitive materials. It runs at Foto Frenzy from 3 February - 20 February 2014.

Here are a couple of links:
http://www.fotofrenzy.com.au/events/...am/maris-rusis
http://www.fotofrenzy.com.au/events/exhibition-program

Asher Kelman

Congrats, Maris,

I am really fascinated by the process of sorting things and deciding what's important enough!

Asher

Andy brown

Well done Maris.
I'm very sure the photographs look stunning in the flesh.
If I was 12-1500 k's closer I'd have a look for sure.
Andy

Sam Hames

But there's an upside too in the cleansing discipline of putting together a show. Sure, you make 'em, hang 'em, look at 'em, take 'em down, and put 'em away but the journey also involves an essential editing, clarifying, simplifying, and confirmatory mental process. One might become a better photograph maker or perhaps a more cunning one.

I also do the framing, mounting, matting which feels like work. But I'm not in photography to dodge work but to be uplifted by it. And the signage, titles, and explanatory text is more work too. If it's all done as good as I can do at the time then its worth, grand or paltry, is validated. And maybe I get validated as well; just a bit.

I managed to catch the show in it's last hour and I'm glad I did. I was particularly impressed by the contact prints, I can better understand what you say about working with light sensitive materials as a basis for your photography when I see them in the flesh.

The section on the journey to Woopen Creek was very interesting - and unexpected because it seems to be a very different subject matter to what I've seen of your work here.

Thanks very much for putting the show together - it was very much worth the visit.

Sam