• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Extreme crop "Created" an image

Rick Otto

I had a shot of a beaver pond with some fall colors in the background and just didnt' like it at all... just before dumping it off the card, I noticed the color in the water.... One 'extreme'crop and some minor post processing, and I have an abstract wall hanger... Ya' think ?

Rick

6255990552_83c919a4f7_b.jpg

Rick Otto: South Hills Fire

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I had a shot of a beaver pond with some fall colors in the background and just didnt' like it at all... just before dumping it off the card, I noticed the color in the water.... One 'extreme'crop and some minor post processing, and I have an abstract wall hanger... Ya' think ?

Rick

6255990552_83c919a4f7_b.jpg

Rick Otto: South Hills Fire

Rick,

I think it's always good to look at one's pictures afresh when one arrives home divorced from the seduction of the place and circumstances of the shoot. This is, in the end, the truth of the matter for you. Being not rigidly fixated to your original intent allows you to be continuously creative. I have written about such opportunities for artistic discovery here.

Just make sure you don't crop ad absurdum or else there will be nothing left, LOL!

Asher