• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enhancing OPF: Interactive Artist Showcase: Invited artist-photographers will present work.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In an effort to bring to people the sort of photographs people buy, those we we see at exhibitions, museums and private collections, we're introducing new photographs on a regular basis, at least every two weeks. The artists chosen meet the criteria of being collected by institutions and who are expert at conceiving and producing the photographs they show here.

There's no requirement for any type of photography, style or medium of capture or processing. What counts here is the delivered picture and ability to draw us in in to make a bond between the art and the viewer.

The first two guest photographers are Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee, who's work fits these criteria.

New pictures will be introduced at least every two weeks and comments are encouraged. So that discussion is ours. The guests are not expected to get involved in our discussions. Questions, however, will be answered by the guest photographers.

It's important to nurture our relationship with the guest photographers, so your enthusiastic support will be part of the success of this new venture. Although these photographers are each successful, their work should be taken as good examples of what goes into works that have, (and are), currently recognized as worthy of collection. It will take more than just two photographers input to provide what's needed to fully open eyes to what's possible with out own innate values. However, I believe, that this part of OPF will be a valued and respected source of ideas and practical approaches that will be useful.

Also, if you have suggestions for additional guest photographers, let me know.

Thanks for your help in maintaining and improving the forum.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is an excellent idea. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you.
This should be very interesting. I am looking forward to this as well.

Thanks Jerome and Tom for your support. It should be that, in seeing what might make a picture work for the guest photographers will have interest for everyone who wants to improve their approach and body of work. All of us, however competent, can learn from the hard-learned experiences of others.

Asher