• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Looking through a bus window in a storm.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We were going through the desert in the bus filming a video to be projected on the walls during the opera Crescent City. Mostly, we could see little. Then these lonely trees, very much like a Joshua tree, appeared for a moment.

_MG_0054_Joshua Tree bus window V_02.jpg

Asher Kelman: Perhaps A Joshua Tree #1

Canon 5DII 24-105 IS L at f 4.0 1/350 sec ISO 6400

_MG_0054_Joshua Tree bus windowV _03.jpg

Asher Kelman: Perhaps A Joshua Tree #2

_MG_0054_joshua Tree bus window V_06.jpg

Asher Kelman: Perhaps A Joshua Tree #3

I see this as a triptych as the variation in colors seems to being back memories of looking through the window at the bleak landscape with those muted colors.

Mark Hampton

We were going through the desert in the bus filming a video to be projected on the walls during the opera Crescent City. Mostly, we could see little. Then these lonely trees, very much like a Joshua tree, appeared for a moment.

_MG_0054_Joshua Tree bus window V_02.jpg

Asher Kelman: Perhaps A Joshua Tree #1

_MG_0054_Joshua Tree bus windowV _03.jpg

Asher Kelman: Perhaps A Joshua Tree #2

_MG_0054_joshua Tree bus window V_06.jpg

Asher Kelman: Perhaps A Joshua Tree #3

I see this as a triptych as the variation in colors seems to being back memories of looking through the window at the bleak landscape with those muted colors.

motifs are funny things !

ok - have you put these side by side? rather than the vertical presentation here? its just that's the movement you are dealing with.

for me you need more of these - more of the same / more different .

i once wrote a line that springs to mind.

the world seemed still at 80 miles an hour. for me that is space your looking at.

also the rain/window in the linked thread is a stunning image - I really don't want to break the flow of that thread as its a growing document for me.

thanks for posting these Asher.