• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Picture frame

George Holroyd

Given some of the recent discussions, a new picture seemed appropriate...a simple frame for your consideration. As always, comments and criticism are welcomed.

no-20.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 20

From the series "33 Meters Squared"

Mark Hampton

Given some of the recent discussions, a new picture seemed appropriate...a simple frame for your consideration. As always, comments and criticism are welcomed.

no-20.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 20

From the series "33 Meters Squared"

grass is more interesting to me it it is in its self utilising the photographic process.

the image is not sustainable by its self for me. it is as ever with your work considered and may look good in print.

it works in relation to edges - within the title.

the work for that i keep looking at of yours are the images that use light as almost a bondage - No 18 for example on your site - moves past the classic study of boring nudes and into a more interesting space.

George Holroyd

the work for that i keep looking at of yours are the images that use light as almost a bondage - No 18 for example on your site - moves past the classic study of boring nudes and into a more interesting space.

Thank you, Mark. I need to spend some time with this comment because I think you've given me an important insight into the series that I need to consider carefully. I'm not sure how the softer nudes play with images like No. 18.

The image I posted is one of several that are meant to anchor the series in place, to provide some glimpse of where the photos were taken. I'm not sure this works as intended but that's what I'm going for.

Mark Hampton

Thank you, Mark. I need to spend some time with this comment because I think you've given me an important insight into the series that I need to consider carefully. I'm not sure how the softer nudes play with images like No. 18.

The image I posted is one of several that are meant to anchor the series in place, to provide some glimpse of where the photos were taken. I'm not sure this works as intended but that's what I'm going for.

no hassle george. i had always thought that the space - 33 Meters Squared was a conceptual space (its a measured in 2 dimensions - like adverts for flats - cubed would be the real space) - so the boundary was within the work - the lightness and darkness. the shadow for acted as edge.

also had a little thought about Apollo / Zeus - legends of him moving as light - i think i maybe have said a bit much. go and make some pictures.

i am away to play football - rules of the game pitch is almost worn down to mud and ready for the last 5 images !