• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Early Morning London Skyline with Moon

Robert Watcher

london_cityscape.jpg

---------------

I was out early attempting to shoot the low moon amongst the buildings in downtown London. Once downtown, it was almost impossible to even find the moon - let alone frame it. I drove down side streets until I came upon an area by the main train track - where could finally view the moon - - - mind you the foreground was pretty ugly and the visible buildings weren't the clump of highrises that I wanted.

cityscape.jpg

After capturing a few shots, I noticed how beautiful the out of focus lights were in my viewfinder - and so took a shot manually focused to show the big blobs of blur. This is the shot I used as the base for the art piece above.

cityscape2.jpg

Rob

Robert Watcher

Just printed this image on some watercolour paper - 13"x19" art piece. It turned out great on the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag. Anne had me get right at mounting it for our living room wall. The frame size is 22"x29".

printed.jpg

Rob

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just printed this image on some watercolour paper - 13"x19" art piece. It turned out great on the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag. Anne had me get right at mounting it for our living room wall. The frame size is 22"x29".

printed.jpg

Rob,

I like it. What printer and what steps to covert the original to the final graphic presentation?

Asher

Robert Watcher

My printer is an Epson R2000 pigment ink printer.

As for the steps - - - if I could only remember. Some layers and tweaking in Photoshop to start with - and a couple of different Nik effects (primarily :Detail Stylizer" for the solarized look) that I played with the settings until I got what I liked - including the Polaroid effect for the texture and border bleed. Everything I do is always to taste and I seldom if ever repeat what I do - so find no need in remembering steps. Sorry.

Rob