• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Human and simulated Bee vision video

Jerome Marot

As a beekeeper, I find the video fascinating. Of course, being curious, I had to check the other videos under your name, including the one where you apply sunscreen.

But I have a question. Silicium sensors are not very sensitive to UV, so that usually rather long exposure times are needed for UV photographs. Obviously, long exposure times are not possible for video, so what camera did you use for the movie? Did you need noise reduction? (I think there are some effects of noise reduction visible).

Dr Klaus Schmitt

As a beekeeper, I find the video fascinating. Of course, being curious, I had to check the other videos under your name, including the one where you apply sunscreen.

But I have a question. Silicium sensors are not very sensitive to UV, so that usually rather long exposure times are needed for UV photographs. Obviously, long exposure times are not possible for video, so what camera did you use for the movie? Did you need noise reduction? (I think there are some effects of noise reduction visible).

True, UV photogarphy usually happens 8-10 stops below "normal" photography. High ISO of modern cameras has allowed that now, SONY, NIKON, OLYMPUS, PANASONIC etc all provide useful bodies for that, but all need to be suitably modified.