• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Together

Prateek Dubey

r245016-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Together

These people are hanging on to a narrow ramp of a deisel railway engine. The rest of the train perhaps cannot accomodate a flea.This is post a holy bath at the Kumbh fair in Haridwar. This practise had delayed many trains as the authorities refused to ply them due to safety concerns. Later they realised it was futile to convince anyone to abandon such risky prospect and carried on taking passengers this way.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Prateek,

Thanks again fro shocking us with this horrible beauty. Folk so dedicated to holy matters and take these risks to make the journey. To have salvation, that's both a great quality and a greater vulnerability we have.

Asher.

Prateek Dubey

Prateek,

Thanks again fro shocking us with this horrible beauty. Folk so dedicated to holy matters and take these risks to make the journey. To have salvation, that's both a great quality and a greater vulnerability we have.

Asher.

Hello Asher,
Yes, its absolutly bewildering. 15 million people converged on the 14th of April for a holy dip. The whole population of that state is 8.7 million. A head count of people was done via a satellite and thus the figure achieved. The train station was a lesson in human behaviour. People panic so soon. Its a miracle there was no stampede. The station was opened for entry only when a few trains left. Such was the pressure on the administrators. So many things were not working. Imagine 2 water taps catering to around 20,000 souls on a platform. That's when all the base qualities of a human being come to fore. Everything is hunky dori when things are ok, but in a situation like this, its animal nature. Even worse was when a train would arrive. People getting down had to fight like boxers with those trying to get up. Jostling for space, there were a few fights. But then this is India. Inconveniences are taken for granted. Once settled, everything is fine. Casual conversations are on etc etc. I was stuck at this station for 8 hours., but enjoyed most of it..

Doug Kerr

Forgive me, I don't understand the NSFW, suggestive designation!
Forgive me, I don't understand the prefixes (in either of their two versions, although for this one they are the same).

I think it might not be Safe for Work if you worked in the Passenger Safety Practices office of the Indian Railways.

And it suggests all sorts of things.

Best regards,

Doug Kerr

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I get it, I was slow!

Prateek you do have a great sense of humor, LOL!

The people on the train are "just sharing" the dangerous thin strip of foothold as the train moves at high speed! Not suitable for workplace, means that this would never pass muster with a safety inspector!

Asher