• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

5Ds R with 800/5.6 IS or 200/2 IS lens

Pao Dolina

Back in 2012 Canon released the 5D Mark III and had some issues when used with select Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM and Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM lenses.

The issue being an abnormal operating noise with the IS and USM mechanism when AF is engaged and IS was ON.

I was one the few affected by this incompatibility that would require the lens to be shipped back to CPS, disassmbled and a part swapped out.

Not wanting to mess with a perfectly working lens I decided to skip the 5D Mark III.

Now, with the 5Ds R I can say my 800 operates as quietly as if it was attached to a 7D Mark II.

On a side note for those who received their bodies within the past week what is the last digits of your serial number? Mine is less than 50. :)

#CanonPH #5DsR #5Ds #ThanksCanon by alabang, on Flickr

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Back in 2012 Canon released the 5D Mark III and had some issues when used with select Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM and Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM lenses.

The issue being an abnormal operating noise with the IS and USM mechanism when AF is engaged and IS was ON.

I was one the few affected by this incompatibility that would require the lens to be shipped back to CPS, disassmbled and a part swapped out.

Not wanting to mess with a perfectly working lens I decided to skip the 5D Mark III.

Now, with the 5Ds R I can say my 800 operates as quietly as if it was attached to a 7D Mark II.

On a side note for those who received their bodies within the past week what is the last digits of your serial number? Mine is less than 50. :)

#CanonPH #5DsR #5Ds #ThanksCanon by alabang, on Flickr

Pao,

I'm in awe of the ownership of just the Canon 200 2.0L IS, as it's one of the finest and most versatile lenses ever. Then to have an 800mm lens is simply amazing! Now, to stick them on a 50MP sensor with fast accurate AF, is close to bird photography Nirvana!

I wonder how you will find the dynamic range and the compliance of the RAW files to your wishes. So I'm looking forward to your test results!

Congratulations on your acquisition.

This high resolution makes sense for nature photography! Am so excited for you!

Asher