• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Local Rugby

Enniscorthy vs Coolmine today

# 1
_H0X3033.jpg

# 2
_H0X3037.jpg

# 3
_H0X2901.jpg

# 4
_H0X2959.jpg

Thanks for looking

John Angulat

pro member
Ouch!
That was my first thought when seeing the images.
I could almost hear the grunts and sounds of bodies slamming into each other.
I equally amazed at the age of these players!
Young they are not! It makes me all the more embarassed for my sedentary lifestyle :(
Well done and thanks for sharing!

Nigel Allan

beautiful depth of field and sharpness...would it be right and masculine enough to talk about lovely bokeh with these butch rugger types? :)

The last one is my favourite though for the water and mud splashing up..immaculate shots.

which of your camera and lens combos did you use for these?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Peter,

Excellent actions shots. These fellows really give their all and their faces show it!

I lost several mm off all my lower front teeth serving as half back in school Rugby, in London! Against these guys, if I was lucky, I'd have ended up with wired jaw and traction for a year!

These guys a built like Mac trucks!

Keep bring us pictures like this. I love the action!

Asher

beautiful depth of field and sharpness...would it be right and masculine enough to talk about lovely bokeh with these butch rugger types? :)

The last one is my favourite though for the water and mud splashing up..immaculate shots.

which of your camera and lens combos did you use for these?

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for looking and your comments. These where taken with a Canon 1D MKII with a Canon 300mm f/2.8IS lens

Peter,

Excellent actions shots. These fellows really give their all and their faces show it!

I lost several mm off all my lower front teeth serving as half back in school Rugby, in London! Against these guys, if I was lucky, I'd have ended up with wired jaw and traction for a year!

These guys a built like Mac trucks!

Keep bring us pictures like this. I love the action!

Asher

Hi Asher,

Thanks for the comments, hope to share some shots from next weekends matches

Jameson Smith

Awesome shots Peter, all very well done! Your timing is fantastic and really captures the rugedness of the sport. I really love the water spray in the last image surrounding the two players.

fahim mohammed

Peter, these are some shots..especially the last one. beautifully timed, superbly rendered. I guess you know these folks. Got to be careful what I say then, if I value my teeth!

Peace brother.