• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lacrosse

Nill Toulme

100409-WALAX-030_std.jpg

100409-WALAX-071_std.jpg

100409-WALAX-073_std.jpg

100409-WALAX-121_std.jpg

Very changeable light, first broken sun through trees, then ferocious backlight as the sun is off the field but full on the stands, then dusk. I shot the whole thing in shutter priority mode with Auto ISO. Weird but convenient.

1D Mark IV, 400 f/2.8L IS. Complete match (180 frames) with EXIF here.

Nill

John Angulat

pro member
Nicely done Nill.
These are some great shots!
By the looks of these images, it doesn't seem the lighting challenged you at all!
Well done!

Rick Greely

Wow great shots the intensity and violence of the game come through loud and clear. These images are outstanding in my humble opinion.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wow great shots the intensity and violence of the game come through loud and clear. These images are outstanding in my humble opinion.

I agree,

One can get a real sense of the intensity of the game.

Nill,

What about wide angle shots? Do you have a zoom on a body ready for that?

Asher

Nill Toulme

Thanks all. Asher I pretty much just shoot with the 400, near or far. I do add a shorter lens and the fisheye for the playoffs, but for regular season it's the 400. It still lets me capture a bit of the larger context...

100409-WALAX-001_std.jpg

100409-WALAX-142_std.jpg

100409-WALAX-190_std.jpg

Nill

Asher Kelman

Nill,

I see you have mastered the work with this one lens. I'm so impressed. Are you moving around or do you have one fixed spot? The 15mm fisheye is such a sharp optic and very kind to folks faces.

Asher

Nill Toulme

I move around. I would really prefer to shoot from a lower angle — on my knees or on a folding stool — but once I get down I have trouble getting back up again, so I just stay up. ;-)

Nill

Asher Kelman

I move around. I would really prefer to shoot from a lower angle — on my knees or on a folding stool — but once I get down I have trouble getting back up again, so I just stay up. ;-)

Nill
Nill,

know how it is and for me, it's not only getting up again but also climbing down from some ledge where I forgot how I got there, LOL! Age!

Asher