• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

JPEG Workflow. Is it an oxymoron?

sidfrisby

Thanks Diane & Tim for your replies. I tried Bibble and was impressed by the amount of modification that was possible to jpeg files but it did not seem possible to read any of my IPTC information in these files. I also found the interface a little fussy.

I have also tried DPP in the past and it also has a problem with IPTC information.

I am using Bridge ARC and Photoshop at the moment. I will carry on with this combination until I can try a windows version of Lightroom.

All the best

I would be only to happy to explore RAW if I had a camera that offered it. Currently I am using a Gaoersi 617 for landscapes on the one hand and a Panasonic FZ20 for live shots of Blues bands on the other.

The Panasonic has f2.8 throughout the zoom range, 3 stops of image stabilisation and the 35mm equivalent of zooming to 430mm. I am not yet ready to spend the money on DSLR system with fast long lenses, so I shoot in Jpeg. The light levels I work in are often so low that the shots have to be under exposed and I do a round of batch pre-processing just to assess them and then extensive manipulation to whip them in shape.

I am also using Bridge and CS2 at the moment and will also be interested to see what Lightroom has to offer.

Regards,
Murray