• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ACR Calibration

John_Schwaller

I am looking to do an ACR calibration for my Canon 5D. I was looking for input from others here as to their success doing this.

BTW...I have found and read most of the info & scripts by Tom Fors and Rags Gardner on the calibrators.

Thanks...JOHN

Hi John,

I have tried for my 350D but IMO the result is only usefull if you can controll the light conditions.
Shooting a GM ColorChecker in full sunlight is tricky and the calibration result that gives a good result under the original light might look off the next day in similar but not exactly the same light conditions.
I have also made 65D and 50D calibrations shooting the ColorChecker in a Light cabinett with calibrated light. The profiles works fine for shooting object in the cabinett but using them on photos taken outdoors doesn't give pleasing result.

Regards Stefan