• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

One landscape, or something

Ossi Raimi

_img1280.jpg

Comments?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Comments?

_img1280.jpg

Ossis,

A social moment for everyone, even though they may not all know each other, they are in kinship, as if in a Cathedral. After all, this is a natural one.

It seems the sun is just rising on the horizon or sinking, we can't tell which, but there are long shadows in the foreground and given the amount of folk lingering by the edge of the water, I'd say this is late afternoon.

Could also be the attitude. I'd expect some more color in the sky, but it's in B&W, and I only just realized that, the picture is so captivating, LOL!

I wonder why you did not correct the perspective to make the lampposts vertical. Is that your style or you just didn't get to it. I am not saying it's wrong but would love to know your thoughts just this once.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Ossi.

I very nice capture. I would say late afternoon. There is a certain
Ambience to your processing. Wonder why not desaturate the colors
On the dresses.

I like it as it is, though.

Best.

Ossi Raimi

First: Thank you for comments!
And then some words about that picture and my way to see, or to feel… Color: I don’t feel that colors give any important information to that picture. I don’t take pictures like “that’s what I see”., but “that’s how I feel” and making pictures is absolutely the same. Sometimes I correct perspective, sometimes I don’t … I may test does perspective correction make something to this picture- but I don’t think it’s necessary…
And you’re right, it’s afternoon and place is Lisbon, Portugal