• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Winter Colors By City

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
BEVERLY HILLS CA 2018

In Beverly Hills, we are just getting leaves falling from the trees.

I caught the colors turning richer last week and took a few pictures while I was waiting for our feral amazonian parorts to reappae in the palms.

I turned around for a while and focused on the colors of the autumn trees and the everygreen hedge.

[Group 1]-_MG_7547__MG_7551-3 images_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Autumn's later gift

January 2018,

Beverly Hills CA 2018

Asher

Canon 7D 70-200 mm 2.8L IS

Cool! Isn't it remarkable how often one can turn around after working over a subject and find an even better one in the opposite direction?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
BEVERLY HILLS CA 2018

In Beverly Hills, we are just getting leaves falling from the trees.

I caught the colors turning richer last week and took a few pictures while I was waiting for our feral amazonian parorts to reappae in the palms.

I turned around for a while and focused on the colors of the autumn trees and the everygreen hedge.

[Group 1]-_MG_7547__MG_7551-3 images_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Autumn's later gift

January 2018,

Beverly Hills CA 2018

Asher

Canon 7D 70-200 mm 2.8L IS

Wonderful shot Asher!

Have you tried to crop the bottom so one don't see the street and trunks anymore but just the magnificent foliage?

Asher Kelman

Well, Nicolas, I have followed your advice!

[Group 1]-_MG_7547__MG_7551-3 images_1200_cropped per Nicolas.jpg

I had thought of it before and in fact I had already cropped away the distraction of the sidewalk, (Trottier, LOL), but I thought it would be OK. Now I see you are correct!

Thanks,

Asher

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Well, Nicolas, I have followed your advice!

[Group 1]-_MG_7547__MG_7551-3 images_1200_cropped per Nicolas.jpg

I had thought of it before and in fact I had already cropped away the distraction of the sidewalk, (Trottier, LOL), but I thought it would be OK. Now I see you are correct!

Thanks,

Asher
Just beautiful! thank you!
Now you can make a giant print and show it in your entrance hall!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

Well, a few days and the leaves are blown off in our windy weather.

DSCF1010_Fall Leaves in January copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: Fall in January: After The Winds
Beverly Hills California 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64mm Single shot
Out of the camera jog

Still beautiful! But I miss the rich leaves being all on the tree, not stolen by the wind.

Asher