• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wedding Fair

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

About to sign up for my first wedding fair ever as I try and break into a different crowd than my current client base of 7 years.

There is one coming to town which is perfect for me, Feb 6th. I have the prices for space but other than that I'm more than just a newbie! Not got a clue.

My idea is this. Take space of 10x6'. Set up a white 9' paper backdrop. Banner along the top of it. Boards along either edge with prints, etc. On the right hand side a stand for flyers and a big canvas print on an easel. On the left hand side a table with big screen showing a slideshow of pics, sample albums and business cards. In the middle is me and my partner running a free 'crazy booth' using the backdrop and printing the pics on the spot as an incentive to drive people into the booth. The background serves both as background for the booth and a background for the pics.

Thoughts people?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Vouchers for 20% off for any wedding/engagement signed up on site, and 2 free miniature pocket versions of the wedding album.

Asher

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi Ben,

We selected our wedding photographer from a wedding fair, so some comments from that perspective....

Of course the pictures and stand on show were important - but what really made the difference for us was connecting with our photographer when we talked with them.

One chap just stood their, answered questions to the point and didn't seem to make much of an effort. His pictures were great, but the thought of spending some time with him for some more intimate shots - no thanks! There was no way we would have felt relaxed in his company.

Another came across rather aloof, seemed affronted when we even enquired about prices and almost made us feel unwelcome (they were also talking to another couple at the time)

The photographer we chose - well we just seemed to get on well with her right from the start. She was interested in us as a couple - what we wanted from our wedding, what we liked as a couple etc etc.

Your stand sounds good - but consider it as a vehicle to get the chance to talk to people and a chance to connect with them.

Hope that helps a bit,

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Good points Andy. Part of the idea of the crazy booth will be to 'connect' with the potential clients as well. You make a good point though, connect, connect, connect.

Asher, 20% and an album might be going a little too far but I'd forgotten about discounts, thanks!

Mike Shimwell

Good points Andy. Part of the idea of the crazy booth will be to 'connect' with the potential clients as well. You make a good point though, connect, connect, connect.

Asher, 20% and an album might be going a little too far but I'd forgotten about discounts, thanks!

Ben, put up your price so you can afford the discount.

I would reaffirm what Andrew said - connect with your customers. They will enjoy oyr company and you will be more able to do an outstanding job

Mike