• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Drums

Jerome Marot

tumblr_oz824psA9a1wgz7vxo1_1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You are so close, Jerome!

Hugely powerful. I love those feathers. Do they direct the sound?

Where is this. Local or you went to Africa?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome,

The drums appear to be genuine hand made native drums. But I have never observed similar decoration with feathers.

I am still not able to fathom where this is. The faces do not seem to be from Nigeria or Zimbabwe. I would be most comfortable with South Africa or. Caribbean island.

I have not seen African drums decorated with feathers, like this.

tumblr_oz824psA9a1wgz7vxo1_1280.jpg

There is no splendor of a traditions Zulu dance with the decorated lines of dancers.

This could be a small rehearsal or display for visitors, perhaps in Kenya for tourists who visit game parks. But drummers are so poorly clothed. I have never seen that, but in a township in South Africa, I would not be surprised.

Asher