• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ernst leitz wetzlar summar F2 - mountain flowers

Roger Lund

Decided to trek up a trail path ( Chautauqua Trailhead ) while in Co two weeks ago. All I brought with was my recently purchased 1930's ernst leitz wetziar summar on my Fuji X-E2.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The flowers are fascinating but so is this venerable Wetzler lens. Can you give us more specifics and why you went do this lens choice. Also, have you considered a helical mount to allow macro shots too?

They had a 1:1 extension tube for the 50 mm 2.0 Lens. Is that focal length you're using as there are 24mm, 42mm and 120mm Summar lenses from this 1930's time period?

Asher

Roger Lund

The flowers are fascinating but so is this venerable Wetzler lens. Can you give us more specifics and why you went do this lens choice. Also, have you considered a helical mount to allow macro shots too?

They had a 1:1 extension tube for the 50 mm 2.0 Lens. Is that focal length you're using as there are 24mm, 42mm and 120mm Summar lenses from this 1930's time period?

Asher

This is a 50mm and something about the look of the shots.

It's a m39 mount. Thus I have tube and they should work. Any info on be mount your referring to?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Roger,

I thought it was the 50mm, although the seemingly wide angle scene you shot, made it appear to be a wider lens. I guess you were closer to the ground?

I have an adapter for Leica M lenses with a helical adjustment for close focus, which is very useful. I think you can find one for the 39 my screw mount too.

Asher