• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Awesome free software!

Recent PC Magazine issue pointed me to this interesing piece of software, called What's Running (www.whatsrunning.net).
It shows processes, modules, drivers and even IP connections (all real time) and allows to make the "snapshots" and compare them later.
It even directs to the online info if you have some concerns about a process or driver.

Very nice way to look under the hood of your Windows system!

Mike Bailey

pro member
The realtime IP connection is particularly interesting. Probably a lot of people already know about Sysinternals, which has a ton of useful Windows system utilities. As they are wont to do, Microsoft assimilated them in the past year because they liked they way they tasted (or saw them as competition), but it still is very useful stuff to get to know what's going on in your system.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

Mike

I would assume it would work on most modern flavors of Windows.
As to the Macs... Why would you need one? They just work, right? ;-))
And if not - no need to get your hands dirty, Apple Geniuses will take care of it for you ;-)