• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Till the Cows Come Home"

Robert Watcher

The cows were in the beautiful open fields - nosey from my presence at first, and then as soon as I pulled out the camera and set it up on a tripod (to compensate for the low light levels) to get my shot - - - they had turned and headed off. Actually I prefer this image with the lovely green grazing grass in the foreground, and wonderful rolling hills and mix of colors in the background - to the couple of closer up shots of the cows that I took before they headed away. I have found a new favourite location for early morning rural images.

BTW, the phrase "till the cows come home" : http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/382900.html

13427515853194_tillthecowscomehome.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rob,

What are you doing to the mid tones. This is reminiscent of thew pastoral scenes by Dwayne Oakes.

It is most effective here.

Dreamy afternoon!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Thought I would include this 100% crop from the image, that shows my image processing without the effects of web compression. This image will be printed on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Fine Art Paper for a nice textured soft feel to the photograph.

13427854514476_tillthecowscomehome100percent.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Robert

Hey- Are you from Texas. I think I see some Long Horns in that cow gang.

I love that first photo. Love the treatment. Looks like an oil painting that one might come across from many many many years ago- It has that kind of feeling- love it the cows were moving away
you see it gives the photo something new and unusual-

Charlotte-

Robert Watcher

Robert

Hey- Are you from Texas. I think I see some Long Horns in that cow gang.

I love that first photo. Love the treatment. Looks like an oil painting that one might come across from many many many years ago- It has that kind of feeling- love it the cows were moving away
you see it gives the photo something new and unusual-

Charlotte-

Thank you for your reply.

I'm from Canada. We've apparently got some Long Horns here as well.

Robert Watcher

Wow! could have fooled me!

C-

hehe

Actually I was raised in a small town in a rural farming community - but couldn't really tell you what kind of cow is what kind - or what one grain field is from another. It was kind of funny, because our children were raised in the same environment as my wife and I - - - - and yet when my daughter got married, she named her black and white cat Jersey because the colouring reminded her of cows. Terrible isn't it - - - we should know better.

The 2 cats and story are posted on my Journal - http://robertwatcher.com/journal/index.php?jp=119&title=cats

"Jersey"
jersey.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Robert
Beautiful photos of these cats. I loved the story behind the names. I love rural anything-
I had a small 7 and half acre farm in Texas with Arabian show horses. I used to ride and show a lot- hunt seat not cowgirl- The freedom of the country is like no other!
So I am a country girl and your photos brought back beautiful memories.
I really love them!

Charlotte-

Mark Hampton

The cows were in the beautiful open fields - nosey from my presence at first, and then as soon as I pulled out the camera and set it up on a tripod (to compensate for the low light levels) to get my shot - - - they had turned and headed off. Actually I prefer this image with the lovely green grazing grass in the foreground, and wonderful rolling hills and mix of colors in the background - to the couple of closer up shots of the cows that I took before they headed away. I have found a new favourite location for early morning rural images.

BTW, the phrase "till the cows come home" : http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/382900.html

13427515853194_tillthecowscomehome.jpg

Robert,

i enjoyed looking at this one - the pattern between the bails of hay and the cows - then the uncut fields - everything in the image is processed.

thanks for posting it.