• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tree Pumpkin

Happy Halloween!

Tree Pumpkin is an older image from my Flora collection and was composed at Santee State Park in Santee, SC during the first morning of my Artist In Residence stay. The teal green color I used for the background is actually a shirt - the original background colors were quite ugly comparatively speaking.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece (also describing the composition and my criteria) can be read here: Tree Pumpkin

Hope you enjoy this as you're finishing off last night's candy. :)

SD13_1120.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Happy Halloween!

Tree Pumpkin is an older image from my Flora collection and was composed at Santee State Park in Santee, SC during the first morning of my Artist In Residence stay. The teal green color I used for the background is actually a shirt - the original background colors were quite ugly comparatively speaking.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece (also describing the composition and my criteria) can be read here: Tree Pumpkin

Hope you enjoy this as you're finishing off last night's candy. :)

SD13_1120.jpg

Steve,

Gradually you let out some of your winning past! Congrats on being an "Artist in Residence". I do hope we will get to learn more about the process, experience and how it affected you and your work.

This piece is delightful. It can bur the starting point for considering the wounds of plant, the healing, the effect of pathogens and the plant's defense. Furthermore this is rich and the sienna tones almost always is interesting and a sign of good taste.

You have done well with the shirt. The expert in this here is Maggie Terlecki as she has developed an affinity for pastel backgrounds that are gentle and don't distract or look foreign.

Fabulous find!

Asher

Steve,

Gradually you let out some of your winning past! Congrats on being an "Artist in Residence". I do hope we will get to learn more about the process, experience and how it affected you and your work.

This piece is delightful. It can bur the starting point for considering the wounds of plant, the healing, the effect of pathogens and the plant's defense. Furthermore this is rich and the sienna tones almost always is interesting and a sign of good taste.

You have done well with the shirt. The expert in this here is Maggie Terlecki as she has developed an affinity for pastel backgrounds that are gentle and don't distract or look foreign.

Fabulous find!

Asher

Asher,
First, your posts/comments are always most welcome and very much appreciated. Thank you for your kindness.

The shirt was one of those happy things that just happen in the field once in a while. The original background was totally unappealing.

The AIR contest was a turning point for me and my photography. Friends and family had been telling me that my work was good, but I felt that they were too biased for their opinions to hold much value. So I decided to see what someone else thought. I never expected to win anything, and was quite pleased with the result.

Peter Dexter

A Tree Pumpkin indeed! A very nice observation and capture. It was probably caused by wasps and is yet another of nature's amazing stories.