• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Casual Family Portrait in B&W

Robert Watcher

Casual family portrait in the back yard - sitting on bags of gravel in open shade lighting.

10C5CD16-F887-4281-B82E-E473181E267A.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Robert

Super precious. Each member shows such a fascinating personality but each face is definitely the face of family. You all are twins of each other. Love this catch !

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Casual family portrait in the back yard - sitting on bags of gravel in open shade lighting.

10C5CD16-F887-4281-B82E-E473181E267A.jpg

Simply adorable and loving family!

“Meet me in Paradise” T-shirt magical!

The truck would be just perfect for my youngest grandson. Already thinks he can figure out any engineering problem for me!

Smart trick to use open shade. Why donfolk with fabulous cameras not know that?

Asher

Robert Watcher

Robert

Super precious. Each member shows such a fascinating personality but each face is definitely the face of family. You all are twins of each other. Love this catch !

Charlotte-

That’s so nice that you recognize the personalities. Something I have always tried to provide for my clients.

Robert Watcher

Simply adorable and loving family!

“Meet me in Paradise” T-shirt magical!

The truck would be just perfect for my youngest grandson. Already thinks he can figure out any engineering problem for me!

Smart trick to use open shade. Why donfolk with fabulous cameras not know that?

Asher

Thanks Asher. Smart trick, but really a solid foundational method for good lighting in portraiture.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher. Smart trick, but really a solid foundational method for good lighting in portraiture.

Well said, Bob! So easy and seemingly “obvious”, but largely unknown in today’s mass cell-phone and auto-everything digicam “photography”.....

..... a vintage vestigial skill we learned from our mentors ages ago!

One can, of course, go further.

We can if we have the time, employ an angled large reflector, (above, below or to the side of the camera’s view), to further enhance the illumination on their faces and even, paint in, “dimension”.

Asher

Robert Watcher

Delivered the 24” Black & White Standout Print to my client today. It looked stunning. I snapped this shot before taking it to them. This year I have been using White House Color Lab to print my jobs since coming back to Canada in September. Their work is phenomenal, and their turn around time is nothing short of miraculous. As an example, I sent the order for this print to them on Tuesday night - and it was delivered today (Friday) at 2:30pm - through Customs and to my home in Ontario Canada, by Fedex (free shipping).

One of the main reasons I was looking for a quality professional lab, is that I have been getting requests for prints of my Street and Travel photography posted on Instagram. I have been turning the work away because even if I could get them printed, it was next to impossible to ship reliably and at any type of reasonable cost, from the countries in Central America where I have situated for most months of each year. What put WHCC over the top for me, is that they drop ship orders directly to clients for a nominal fee. The package is delivered White Label with no identifier of the lab and no invoices included. I wish I had such a lab during my heyday years when I was busy with my professional work.

5AF05834-60C1-4580-A969-11C36441763B.jpg

945BF407-6DB0-4D4E-89D4-2518F1A1E628.jpg

Family portrait looks great as does the print. It seems you sent a different portrait to be printed than the one at the top as the little boy is not in the same position. It doesn't matter, I guess, as you probably thought he looked better in this. The printed version also seems to have a bit more contrast, which, I think looks really good. I'm sure your clients were extremely pleased.

Robert Watcher

Family portrait looks great as does the print. It seems you sent a different portrait to be printed than the one at the top as the little boy is not in the same position. It doesn't matter, I guess, as you probably thought he looked better in this. The printed version also seems to have a bit more contrast, which, I think looks really good. I'm sure your clients were extremely pleased.

Both are actually the same shot. I just replaced the little boys head with one that fit the mood of everyone else. Good catch.

I did add a little more contrast to the final image sent for printing.

———-