• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Emil Wikström's Visavuori

Jarmo Juntunen

As some of you might know, this year is the 100th anniversary of the Finnish independence. With this in mind we had a short but beautiful family outing to the home museum of Emil Wikström, a Finnish national sculptor.

Väinämöinen (from the Finnish National Epic Kalevala)

_img1280.jpg

A Horse Tamer

_smaller.jpg

Field Marshal C.G.E. Mannerheim

_smaller.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As some of you might know, this year is the 100th anniversary of the Finnish independence. With this in mind we had a short but beautiful family outing to the home museum of Emil Wikström, a Finnish national sculptor.

Väinämöinen (from the Finnish National Epic Kalevala)

_img1280.jpg

A Horse Tamer

_smaller.jpg

Field Marshal C.G.E. Mannerheim

_smaller.jpg

I have such an admiration for those who hew in stone. I dread that a button or nose would chip off and ruin 5 months of grueling work!

I will do a search on the sculptor, Emil Wickstrom.

Today I am one step more uneducated than I was yesterday!

Congrats on the celebration of the Finnish culture. I will devote tomorrow morning to getting some basic knowledge! Got worn out learning about the British Empire and the rule of the Tudors!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Asher, I feel really humbled if I was able to educate you. Actually most of the work on display in Visavuori is plaster models, used by the sculptor. Wikström worked mostly in bronze, I believe, and his final works are located all over the country. So, this exhibition was more concentrated in his work process.