• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

HR Digaron-W 40 mm f/4 CEF

Good news from Sinar... they just told me that my HR Digaron-W 40 mm f/4 CEF will be delivered probably within the next two weeks. They got the first lens units from linos (Rodenstock) to be mounted (focus mount) in switzerland. I am really looking forward to use this lens with the arTec and will soon start my field report :)

Karsten

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Karsten,

This is going to be a great addition to your lens line up. So what is the max format in pixels you will be able to get with the ArtTec with stitching? That would be 3 images, L, R and center.

How has you unit been working in the field. I heard something about the rotation being an issue. Is that a problem? Also are they available in Europe because I'm told that the ArTec isn't here in the USA. What do they charge for the body without VAT?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your impressions as you take the new lens out of its case and look at the view on the screen!

Asher

Unfortunately I have not received my HR Digaron-W 40mm f/4 CEF yet, but I am in contact with the Sinar representative and hope to get this lens soon. Btw I got my arTec modified to the new model (at no charge!) and I am quite happy as the tilt drive/lock mechanism is so much better built now.

Karsten