• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Recent Beauty Work

Bobby Deal

Well it seems I have been absent from here much longer then I realized but thought I would pop in say Happy New Year and share some recent beauty work shot on spec to fill a brief from one of my agents.

The past week has been all about beauty at Vegas Vision Studios
Yea I know there are some stray hairs but hey real beauty is imperfect :)

Shot on Spec for a image call from Harpers Bazaar - they did not make the cut thus I can share them here but I do have several other shots with a different model in contention for the contract (fingers crossed)

Model: Jolene Hex

RDP_7634.jpg

RDP_7602.jpg

RDP_7588.jpg

RDP_7498.jpg

RDP_75641.jpg

© 2011 Bobby Deal

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well it seems I have been absent from here much longer then I realized but thought I would pop in say Happy New Year and share some recent beauty work shot on spec to fill a brief from one of my agents.

The past week has been all about beauty at Vegas Vision Studios
Yea I know there are some stray hairs but hey real beauty is imperfect :)

Shot on Spec for a image call from Harpers Bazaar - they did not make the cut thus I can share them here but I do have several other shots with a different model in contention for the contract (fingers crossed)

Model: Jolene Hex

RDP_7634.jpg

Bobby,

Here, Jolene is engaging and the look has gravitas. I like this pose. What do you feel about color in the cheek bones?

Asher

Bobby Deal

Thanks guys, it seems I simply don't come around here often, I love this forum but it seems to have very little activity in the areas in which I shoot.

These shots were a combination of great skin, professional makeup and careful retouching .

Recently I have been working on a series of Old Hollywood Glamour so perhaps I will post up a few of them and see if we can find some activity.

Asher Kelman

Your work is more appreciated than the replies would suggest. I think it's valuable to have someone who works with a great MUA and good models to share ideas and work here.

I'm interested in the going prices and if you have good talented makeup and hair stylists in the LA area. Keep posting and others will be inspired. I'll post too!

Asher

Bobby Deal

Your work is more appreciated than the replies would suggest. I think it's valuable to have someone who works with a great MUA and good models to share ideas and work here.

I'm interested in the going prices and if you have good talented makeup and hair stylists in the LA area. Keep posting and others will be inspired. I'll post too!

Asher

Thanks Asher, I really have always loved the integrity of this forum I just tend to wander away to more active sandboxes where there is more opportunity for me to teach but at times I get terribly bored with all the back patters and empty comments, especially in my glamour work. At other forums I post to backup my teaching, here I tend to post looking for feedback from peers who are serious in their craft. Actually one of my best MUHA's is preparing to move to Hollywood in the next few months. When she does I will put you in touch with her

Prices are what they are, the economy in Vegas is still anything but good. These were shot on spec for Image Brief with one of the agencies I work with. Unfortunately they did not make the cut with the client so they have gone into my general stock collection.

Shooting this sort of work for models in Las Vegas can have a pay rate of anywhere from TFP - $600-$800. For a 3 hour fashion / beauty or glamour session my current rate is $675 including hair and makeup for the sitting and 2 web res images per look (6-10 images) prints are of course sold as an add on to the package.

Shooting the same work for a commercial client can carry a price tag of $1,500 - $10,000 or more depending on licensing included with the shoot.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher, I really have always loved the integrity of this forum I just tend to wander away to more active sandboxes where there is more opportunity for me to teach but at times I get terribly bored with all the back patters and empty comments, especially in my glamour work. At other forums I post to backup my teaching, here I tend to post looking for feedback from peers who are serious in their craft. Actually one of my best MUHA's is preparing to move to Hollywood in the next few months. When she does I will put you in touch with her

Thanks so much! I could use one this or next weekend! I was asking how much they charge!!

Shooting this sort of work for models in Las Vegas can have a pay rate of anywhere from TFP - $600-$800. For a 3 hour fashion / beauty or glamour session my current rate is $675 including hair and makeup for the sitting and 2 web res images per look (6-10 images) prints are of course sold as an add on to the package.

Good thing you don't have to post process more than say 20 pictures out of an entire shoot.

Shooting the same work for a commercial client can carry a price tag of $1,500 - $10,000 or more depending on licensing included with the shoot.

That's what you need!

Asher

Asher Kelman

By then way, Bobby,

Do you retouch the pictures yourself or use a retouch artist? It can take so much time that I'm considering using one. How are you getting the cheeks even. Do you use Capture one with skin controls to even color or do you brush by hand?

Asher

Bobby Deal

By then way, Bobby,

Do you retouch the pictures yourself or use a retouch artist? It can take so much time that I'm considering using one. How are you getting the cheeks even. Do you use Capture one with skin controls to even color or do you brush by hand?

Asher

I do my own retouching, I am too much of a control freak to let someone else do it for me. Besides that I would feel like I was back in the film days with someone in the lab making me look brilliant again.

All the images you see in this thread required 5 minutes or less to retouch. When they are lit well the rest is simple. A quick levels adjustment, whiten and brigh n eyes, teeth and clone out any blemishes or stray hairs followed by a quick layer of skin smoothing with portraiture run on default, then i erase the mask from the eyes, lips, moth , hair and hardedged detail and reduce opaiciry.and it's done. No secret recipes just a well practiced workflow that relies on keyboard short cuts.

Aside from portraiture I rarely if ever use any presets, plugins or actions that I did not record myself.