• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sister of the Moon

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Ah... Well the rosary was a gift from a friend of mine Annika von Holdt a thriller novelist in Denmark. We collect them. The one she sent is vintage. Beads are made of tiger eye. I turned the rosary into black and white for this piece of work. Would you be surprised if I told you this is homage to Sister Hubertine" a metaphor of my childhood .

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim
ahahaaa never!! this is what I told Asher about the work"....Well the rosary was a gift from a friend of mine Annika von Holdt a thriller novelist in Denmark. We collect them. The one she sent is vintage. Beads are made of tiger eye. I turned the rosary into black and white for this piece of work. Would you be surprised if I told you this is homage to Sister Hubertine" a metaphor of my childhood .

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Her black robes trailing
Sister of the moon

Stevie Nicks​

This is what stood over us for centuries! I would have thought it would fade, but it's good for another 1000 years unless we blow each other up!

It is a wonderful and dreadful paradox.

Thank goodness for "Pacem in Terris, Nostre Aetate" and Pope Frances!

The church is slow, very slow!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

I had to look up your Latin and I have been informed-

DECLARATION ON
THE RELATION OF THE CHURCH TO NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS
NOSTRA AETATE
PROCLAIMED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON OCTOBER 28, 1965

1. In our time, when day by day mankind is being drawn closer together, and the ties between different peoples are becoming stronger, the Church examines more closely her relationship to non-Christian religions. In her task of promoting unity and love among men, indeed among nations, she considers above all in this declaration what men have in common and what draws them to fellowship.

Yes!

Thanks for my new learnings- There is such a mystery to my childhood and the church. The beauty of the night- Fathom of the Opera.

C-

C-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When Pope Francis addresses gays as our brothers and asks who are we to judge them, he is updating Canonical doctrine that has hurt people.

Religion is somewhat like a fruit. It can have a soft or tough skin, can be delicious or have a tart after taste but generally there's a seed one needs to spit out. Worse there can be worms and maggots!

The current Pope and both John and Paul worked to give us just the nutritious fruit, based on nor merely "tolerating" one's differences, but allowing and celebrating them too.

Asher