Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Uptown: Explore at your risk! Beware! You hold OPF harmless by you participation! > Buy and Sell Photo Equipment: Excess gear by participating members. Pictures please!

Buy and Sell Photo Equipment: Excess gear by participating members. Pictures please! ITEMS FROM NON-CONTRIBUTORS ARE DELETED.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:55 PM

Default Looking for, 4x5 field or folding camera w/ lens and rangefinder for under $500

Hello All, i'm a student in NYC and i'm looking around for a 4x5 field or folding view camera with lens and rangefinder included.

I hope to spend less than $500 all together, a boys gotta eat after all.

if anyone has a camera or knows of anyone who might have one they are looking to part with, any information would be greatly appreciated

you can message me personally at Outlierimagery@gmail.com

Cheers!

Daniel.

Outlierimagery.com
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Schaefer View Post
Hello All, i'm a student in NYC and i'm looking around for a 4x5 field or folding view camera with lens and rangefinder included.

I hope to spend less than $500 all together, a boys gotta eat after all.

if anyone has a camera or knows of anyone who might have one they are looking to part with, any information would be greatly appreciated

you can message me personally at Outlierimagery@gmail.com

Cheers!

Daniel.
Hello Daniel,

The ideal camera for you is a Crown Graphic or Seed graphic with a working rangefinder. The best person I know to contact is Will Thompson who has several. KEH has one many bodies, you'd have to enquire about lenses to fit them. They must have no end of cameras with lenses!! Why they list just the bodies, I haven't a clue. thisone is likely to be perfect, but needs a lens.

Still, getting a camera from Will is a better idea if he has one available and some film holders.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:51 PM

Daniel,

What's the status of your quest for the 4x5 camera? I believe that you will be so fulfilled with the acquisition as it will give you an opportunity to make fine contact prints with little cost or scan it and make incredible prints!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:21 AM

Daniel, I have one avalable if you PM me with contact info we can discuss it privatly.

"Galleries don't hang DxO charts" David Hull
Old January 21st, 2018, 11:01 PM

We always have such cameras available. Just ask!

Asher