Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Portrait in Natural Light Especially!

Old February 9th, 2018, 08:10 AM

Default William alive.. before he left us for The Beyond

William James
Old February 9th, 2018, 09:48 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte thompson View Post

William James
But he's still here
In these memories
in your ❤️
And those he touched!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 9th, 2018, 09:56 AM

Ah Asher
So true. He, such a trickster. I caught him watching for the trick Ha! He hated being photographed too.
The trickster was tricked.

Charlotte-
Old February 9th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Administrator/Moderator

Eternity is in our memory… Nice catch Charlotte!
Old February 9th, 2018, 06:51 PM

Nicolas
Thank you. I love your idea of eternity... This idea of yours is unique and should be exploed. I do know that it does speak to our soul in intricate way- It does live and it does beat!

C-
Old February 10th, 2018, 03:01 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Nicolas
Thank you. I love your idea of eternity... This idea of yours is unique and should be exploed. I do know that it does speak to our soul in intricate way- It does live and it does beat!

C-
Charlotte :)
As I'm not a believer, souls doesn't speak to me. Hence "Spirit". Could be replaced by "consciousness"
But I like "Spirit" it covers more than "memory", "mind" " or "consciousness "

Anyway that's what I feel about the persons who are gone already (always too early), Dad, Mum, brother and close friends…
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:01 AM

Nicolas...

I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others”
― Jiddu Krishnamurti, Krishnamurti: 100 Years
Old February 10th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Nicolas...

I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others”
Charlotte,

I know you know but still: The problem with religions (sects and whatsoever) is "to be imposed on others"
Old February 10th, 2018, 10:51 AM

Exactly!

C-
Old February 10th, 2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Nicolas...

I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect.....
Maybe it is churlish to intervene but Krishnamurti makes the same intellectual blunder as generations of first year philosophy students.

Here's the question: Is Krishnamurti's statement quoted above TRUE or FALSE? If it is TRUE then there is at least one truth, the statement itself, that can be approached by a path, the path of assertion. But therein lies a fatal contradiction.

If Krishnamurti's statement is FALSE then TRUTH can be approached by a path, perhaps by a path as simple and facile as mere declaration.

Dear Krishnamurti, long gone now, is still influential and worth calling to account when he stumbles. It is not solely his fault but the regrettable philosophy of Relativism, where anybody's "truth" is different, changeable, personal, and equally valid as anybody else's has metastasized from mystical musings such as his.

William James was one of America's greatest philosophers but it is not him who is here farewelled. Vale William James.
"Photography or the application of the chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation...". Photography, the word, coined and first uttered by Sir John Herschel at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London; 14 March, 1839.
Old February 11th, 2018, 05:44 AM

Marius

you leave out the best explanation-
That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others”
Old February 16th, 2018, 10:12 AM

Gone, dear lady, but not forgotten.
Big difference. He lives in someone who cares...you. And those who remember him.
Old February 17th, 2018, 08:55 AM

Fahim

Thank you for such an endearing comment. Never will be forgotten.

Charlotte-